DiecastXchange Forum banner
281 - 288 of 288 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,858 Posts
I'd like more colours of the Porsche 991 Targa......maybe in Lava Orange like preisman's very nice custom model!
They have done quite a few Targa models; a couple blue versions and a red GTS. But, wouldn't say no to another.

Lava by jonpreiser, on Flickr

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was a bit late to the party with the blue one and missed out. I don't like the black wheels on the red one, and not sure about the white Techart one either. Will have to hunt the blue one down.

·
Premium Member
12,858 Posts
I was a bit late to the party with the blue one and missed out. I don't like the black wheels on the red one, and not sure about the white Techart one either. Will have to hunt the blue one down.
I have the blue one, not the biggest fan. I changed the wheels out to see if it would help, but not really. When you have the perfect spec, the rest are just OK. I never liked the red one either, although I have it. The wheels did not work for me. I wouldn't mind selling one to you, but all my models are still in storage until June. And shipping to Australia is kind of nuts. If you are interested, PM me and I am sure we can work out a deal. The Techart was ugly to me. The other one I have is gulf blue with black wheels. Very cool model, came with a display case. I think they did a silver one like that, but was too plain. Looking through my photos, I can't find photos for a few of these. I guess they did not WOW me enough to share pictures. I would love another one in a fun color. Lava Orange is perfect, but a dark green over tan interior would be nice. Or maybe a black on red, or something a bit wild. I doubt they will, sadly. Still waiting on them to start making 992 models. The Minichamps 992 is not a good model and would LOVE to see them made by GT Spirit. Honestly, I want GT Spirit to make everything. Their quality is good, and prices are not too bad.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks Jon, very kind of you. Yes shipping is a killer both ways, and exchange rates can make it worse for us folk down here. I'd maybe go for viper green with silver wheels - bold, but better than black/grey etc..... and the Spark ones have the wrong wheels and the heritage race numbers on the side etc.....but I just want a well specced road car version. Probably less likely to get more new releases of the 991 now that the 992 is here.

Interesting that you didn't find the blue targa as good as you hoped.

Just to keep on topic, I'd like GTS to do a 992 Targa in Aventurine Green with a Cognac interior and silver multispoke wheels.

·
Registered
2001 Honda Accord Coupe
62 Posts
I wasn't a fan of it when it was released, but then I saw the prototype in Mr. Catchpole's video:

Aston Martin's bespoke V12 Speedster.
It's one of the most striking things I've seen in a long time, the colour and proper chrome grille make it look so, so much better. I'd place a pre-order in a heartbeat for one of these.

·
Premium Member
12,858 Posts
Still waiting for someone to make a Vantage Volante Wideboy. One of my favorite cars since I was a kid in the 90s. GT Spirit would be best, Cult would be fine. Let's get one made!

image.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: MartinBond

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
Audi TT RS, 2018 or later version (with the re designed bumpers) I know they did the 2016 version (in boring Grey) & a cabriolet, but they don't look that nice. The wheels being 20 inch, should be big with skinny tyres on them. The models don't look like that. They did the Performance parts & ABT versions too, but I wasn't keen on those.

This would be nice!!

or one in Green!

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
Talking of the Audi TT RS, I found out that there's a 40th anniversary of quattro edition. If I owned one I'd get the wheels done in a different colour, White wheels don't suit it.
A model of that would be quite nice!

281 - 288 of 288 Posts