DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got myself a high end resin model car, seller didn’t pack things too well but I just said, “you live and learn” and chose not to complain

It’s still a beautiful piece when you don’t look at the flaws but they’re present on all sides except the rear ( missing windshield wipers, mirror broke off once, paint on the tires is in a terrible state
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Wheel Tire Grille

Vehicle Steering part Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Sky

Tire Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Sky

Attachments

·
Administrator
34,981 Posts
Did you buy it knowing it had those problems? If not, I'd be sending it straight back. I bet it wasn't cheap, that colour is really hard to find.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bought it for 214 GBP, it looked fine in the pics but some part of the box collapsed and ended up hitting the model a lot i guess. I honestly have no problem with the price even with the current state considering it’s an MR and a launch spec Reventon Roadster

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I’m fairly aware of all of the damages but it’s part of the experience besides I’m sure 214 GBP for the Reventon Roadster is worth it since no one else is going to make the Reventon Roadster again in the future

·
Registered
339 Posts
Crazy that you are keeping this model I would be sending it streight back. Worst case message the seller and ask for a huge discount off the model... I'm sure they would oas if not what's the alternative they are made to give you a full refund and get a broken model back. Honestly pal £200 plus for that model is a rip off its busted to bits. Part of the experience.... no it shouldn't be you paid for a product and it didn't arrive in the state it should.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have the same model, but don't have any issues with it. Send back! The reventon coupe is well known for popping windows, the roadster is not that fragile because 'no roof', less problems :)
First time I hear something about bad paint on the wheels.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m sure the paint issue is related to moisture or something maybe? I’ve changed my mind and do want to send it back if possible but I don’t think it’s possible anymore since I’ve already completed the whole deal so I think it’ll stay with me unfortunately

·
Administrator
34,981 Posts
I’m sure the paint issue is related to moisture or something maybe? I’ve changed my mind and do want to send it back if possible but I don’t think it’s possible anymore since I’ve already completed the whole deal so I think it’ll stay with me unfortunately
You have something like 180 days to open a dispute with PayPal (if you paid using that) You can open a dispute on eBay but the time to do it is much less, I can't remember how long now.
Disputes always happen once the deal is done - item not as described. But if your seller said all of the problems in the listing you might not be able to return it for a refund.

·
Administrator
34,981 Posts
If you paid with PayPal you might still be covered. If not, probably not unless it was a credit card, if so contact them. They might be able to help you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here's my 5c.
Send it back!
Yes.
Send it back while you still can!
The windscreen alone looks horrendously mangled.
For that price, and especially at that price, you can, should, and will demand a properly shipped item.

Now, what IF you never find that model again?
Well, then you don't?
From a pragmatic point of view, there will always be models you can't get.

And here's the kicker.
Imagine getting another one in a year's time?
How the hell will you flog this broken thing?
Yes, you will kick yourself, because you will buy it, the new one, that is, and you will have no idea what to do with the expensive paperweight you already have.

But, just my 5c.
it's your choice.
if you can be happy with a broken model. That's your prerogative.

Cheers!
Matt

·
Registered
240 Posts
A real shame on a rare model ! Always ask for clear pictures before buying especially if it's not on eBay and you're not covered/ insured.

A lot of the older MR models were known to have paint issues and windshield issues precisely as you have with this car, the windshield can be pulled out and glued back on straight I fixed one of my MR models with the same issue

As far as missing parts, you can possibly find something similar on AUTOART spares like wiper ...but the bad paint that's a hard one to fix unless you or someone can strip and repaint the wheel again with the same colors

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’d love to know what glue to use, as far as the rest of the parts I’ll try to find a junk Autoart Reventon / Bburago Reventon or something else. They’re usually good for donors eh?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts