#1 · (Edited)
CONTINUED...
This topic was split from Gary's New Arrival Topic

I really like that one but...

Whats the story about the foglights?

G
#6 · (Edited)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I totally agree with you Luciano . The decals are a big let down from a company such as AUTOart .
I dont think it would have been too difficult for them to produce a new front bumper with the correct fittings , but they obviously took the cheap way out and put a decal kit (tampo`s most probably )on their standard GT3 R.

I would imagine the detail to be the same as on the undecorated GT3R

#4 ·
haha, maybe Porsche figured out a way to make lightbulbs and the housing as thin as paper, and attached to the front bumpers :giggle

Just joking. It's seriously disappointing to me too, so no Le Mans GT3R racer for me...

G
#5 ·
I most certainly do not think you were lying about the price . Why would you ?

I think there could be the possibility that your source was incorrect , as the prices I mentioned in my post are from very cheap online Ebay vendors . I just find it hard to accept that it will come in at $14 or so under the Ebay selling price , even more so as AUTOart quote $85 for the car .

I hope Im wrong , as $55 would mean the following GT3R`s would also be at that price , which would be great news for everyone . I guess time will tell :cheers

#7 ·
on the subject of GT3R's, I found that the steering on my Gt3R is kinda wacko. The steering wheel doesn't seem to turn much to the left, even when the tires are fully turned to the left... :confused

Please take a bunch of pics when it arrives, Sir Gary!!! I demand it! :giggle

G
#8 ·
Decals??? :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Why AUTOart, Why?

I just hope that's not the case for the upcoming Racer's Group and Alex Job racing GT3Rs; a.k.a. my 2 holy grails for this year! :scared

G
#13 ·
I hear ya. Did you know that AUTOart will be releasin the LM-GT winning White Lightning Racing Porsche in the 'near' future? Looks like I'll be getting 3 racing Porkers after all. :giggle

And yes, the decals used as fog lights are hideous. :scared

#23 ·
I guess Aipex's pic was the presentation version, as it doesn't have any Le Mans racing sticker on it either.
Just noticed AUTOart got the front bumper design wrong too. The area between the side and front air outlets/intakes is a bit recessed on the 1/1, whereas the 1/18 has just a flat area without any recession (Compare Felix' pics to the model's pics)

#25 ·
Looking at Aipex's link to Vanina Ickx's site, I see the URL having "essais" within the path. "Essais" in French means to try out. So my hunch is that those photos were taken at Le Mans during the qualifying session that took place May 4, 2003. That also explains why on those photos off her site, you don't see the typical square sticker showing the year/class/number of the car.

G
#33 ·
Bbostago?? Does this word come from the Bburago by any chance? :giggle

Its really a nice car, very nice, and I think Gary will be very happy with it, but I dont know why they resorted to this. I would have very happily waited one more month and pay $10 more for a complete one.

#34 ·
You and 99% of all other collectors think that way. So why did AUTOart do it? Only two possible answers to that: greed or incompetence. Unhappily I think it was the first case. With everybody bending backwards for the curbside models (with prices at "full" level), why not release a model with some crappy and too obvious detail? Collectors buy curbside models for a full price, why wouldn't they go for a decal as a headlight?

Don't worry, though, this is small potatoes. If this is really how I said, it will get worse. Soon we'll have cars with stickers as tail lights but ngines fully wired.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.