DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spending much of 2006 with seemingly every other purchase being a 'Vette, I had to restore some balance by picking up some 911's (now both numbering in the mid 30's each). The most recent of these Porker's being the 911 GT3 Carrera Cup "Presentation" car, presentation being in quotes cause I don't know if it was billed as such.

The model is typical AUTOart, with excellent paint and tampos, crisp detailing, tight shutlines and realistic looking wheels and brakes. It is also typical AUTOart in that some of the details, while nicely done, are not exactly accurate. Without going over the car with a fine-toothed comb, the inaccuracies that jump out are the angle of the spoiler and the missng "GT3" cutout on the wing supports. Also as typical of AUTOart 911's the engine not much to talk about either, though I can't say how much of that is a function of the 1:1. That being said, they did at least raise the bar from their 997 based 911 GT3-R. The interior wiring that was painted on in that car is now a separate piece, and there seems to be more attention to detail to the trunk mounted components. Compared to the Minichamps 911 RSR, I'd say the AUTOart is about equal.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
That's a fantastic looking porsche you got there Lloyd. Great photos too. I especially like the shot next to the 996 RSR. I got to add both some time in the near future they just look to be such a great dual.

I know what you mean about the inaccuracies esp the missing 'GT3' on the side of the tail wing. It's even more strange when the original model shown at Nuremburg last year actually had the lettering put on it. :confused Here's a pic from then. but both this model and released are missing the Mobil 1 logo on the front bumper.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Having said that, it's definately a lovely model and congratulations on getting one. :cheers

Attachments

G

·
As I said in Rainers post , this Carrera Cup "Deutschland" livery looks very good . The AUTOart 997 is definately an improvement over the previous 996 racers .

Congrats on adding this one Lloyd , great pics too :cheers

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Congrats Lloyd! :cheers That last picture with the light string is phenomenal! :coolpics

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks for the compliments, guys :cheers It's about time one of my "artsy" photos turned out the way I wanted them to.

For anyone interested, the lights are IKEA Trettioen. You get 4 ~12 inch long strips with 12 LEDs each. IKEA's website has them at $50, but I don't remember paying that much. I bought these to try to make my own light-up display base similar to one posted here some time ago, but since I'm better at having ideas than executing them, that photo is about the only use those lights have seen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.