DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I enjoy some models for no apparent reason more than others and this is one of those. Torn between which color to get, I went with the Blue over White with black interior.

A quality piece no doubt.

Tight shutlines all around with side windows as an added bonus. Graphics and stripes are well applied and fit the model well. I have thought about removing them, but will prolly do that with a Hot Wheels version instead. I do not like the thickness of the hood, its pretty darn thick in my view.

As for the interior, typical AUTOart interior - fully carpeted, nice bezzel trimmed dash guages and a plus - black plastic over that horrible grayish plastic.

The engine compartment is signature AUTOart as well, fully plumbed with nicely detailed bits and pieces. I like the fact that it has a hood prop. One thing I am not sure about on the concept version versus that of the production version is the engine. I have looked the engine of the 1:1 of a business associate and I recall his having a engine brace - I am not sure if that was OEM or aftermarket. Nonetheless, thats the only "big" thing I can see thats missing on the concept version.

In comparison to AUTOart's Mustang GT in Tungsten, the Shelby GT500 seems to have a little more details, primarily the mesh grill. I know when the Mustang GT's were released, there was some discussion about the GT's grill not being mesh - some felt it wasn't a big deal, while others thought it should be. No need to guess which side of the street I stood on in that discussion. Nonetheless, AUTOart addressed those concerns by putting a mesh grill on this model.

A very nice model indeed - is it a 10 as Cuda Jeff stated - no its not :giggle

But its a darn nice model.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Very nice Darrick. I still love this model every time someone posts it. I think I would have had one myself by now if it wasn't for the promise of a production version.

I know what you mean about some models giving more enjoyment that others for no real reason. This one is quite a looker though!

Good work on the photos too. That top one's a cracker :nicejob

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I don't know how you could even think about another color combo, Darrick - this has to be the one - what a great looking model! It didn't take you long to master your camera either - great shots!

·
Registered
11,642 Posts
You should have bought the Shelby Collectibles version and saved some money, its is just like this at half the price :giggle

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Great score and great pics Darrick! :10

I have failed to pull the trigger on this one, waiting for the production version.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks gents, it is definitely a model I would suggest.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I actually saw the SC version in person and its a not even close to being a good model, let alone a decent budget model. :giggle

·
Registered
161 Posts
I am sooooooooooooooooooo confused :dizzy :dizzy

Ok let me see if I can explain why..........
I have the white and blue AUTOart Shelby GT500 Concept,the dealer that I bought it from sold it as a 2007 concept...............AUTOart states on the box that it is a 2005......

I have the Shelby Collectables GT500 Concept they say that thiers is a 2007....
there is some differences in them but mostly its a size difference (Shelby Collectables is larger)

So I guess what I'm lookin to know is....................
Is the AUTOart a 07 or a 05......................

any body know????????

TIA

Air

looks like the 2007 concept to me..............................

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
For once, the dealer that sold it to you is wrong as there is no '07 Concept.

AUTOart is half right as it is an 05 as in 2005 New York Auto Show Prototype. But to be the correct NYAS Prototype, it would have to be red/white stipes.

Subsequently, there were some test mules with this color and other colors, so technically, this car is one of the test mules and not the "Concept".

Are you even more confused? :giggle

·
Registered
161 Posts
thanks AC.............
It is quite confusing....................
The AUTOart Box States that it is a 2005,while AutoArt's site lists the red and the white but doesn't give a year for either one............Goggle 2007 Mustang GT500 concept and you get a ton of pics of the red one and can find one pic of the white(Actual car) not model.................. :dizzy :confused :goodnight

well I don't care what it is...................
I got a yellow w/black stripe and AUTOart white with blue stripe and they both look good to me :yahoo

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Not to split hairs, but isn't this really a "Prototype" and not a "Concept"?

It seems to me that "Concepts" never get made and if they do, are altered much, and "Prototypes" are pretty close to what the production ends up looking like.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Al,

It is splitting hairs :lol

Actually, you may have it backwards - concept versions of a cars always proceed the actual production car. Prototypes are test bed cars.

One car that I have seen described as a "Concept Car" by the manufacturer is the Cadillac Sixteen.

I have noticed that most if not all race cars are considered prototypes - with the exception of Danica Patricks new ride, when they introduced it and her to the media they called it a presentation car.

As for the GT500 being a 2007 Concept, I don't even see how that is possible as the production version which is a 2007 is here already to market :confused

I love it when companies play with titles and numbers :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is one sweet colour combo Darrick, nice buy :cheers

The Hot Wheels Elite version (Production i think) is now at my local hobby store, wasn't to sure, only thing i really liked from memory is it's brake disk's were an amazing job by Hot Wheels.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.