DiecastXchange Forum banner

Aa GT3 in white...

1K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  DiecastX 
G
#1 ·
Has anyone picked this model up yet and if so how do you like it?
And of course pics will be needed too
:needpics

Just doing a quick search for this model on ebay as well as online retailers, this model doesn't seem to be affected by the price increases that were frowned upon by many whne first announced.

Not to long ago we had a pretty good discussion on price increases by AUTOart. Read here.

Is the reason why this model and a few others are not affected by this price increase is because they are based of older models :confused or does the price increase only apply to their NEW Limited Edition models?

I noticed the prices on this model and the 2003 C5R's are relatively close to what I have paid for AUTOart models in the past.

G
#2 ·
Strange isn't it.

Thinking of the demand for it I would have suspected that AUTOart would have used it to increase the price.

Probably it is cheaper as it is a re-run of an upgraded version. Most of the components are there and there was no need to spend the extra money on development of all parts, thus lower costs and lower prices.

Still a bit akward though.

Looking through the pages of AUTOart(the 917L GULF is coming soon!), I havent actually seen a real rise in price. Some are a bit more expensive, others are still the same. I think that probably the prices quoted in the previous tread were most likely those of LE. Not 100% sure, but could be

#3 ·
My take is that the price is staying the same on cars such as the GT3 because someone at AUTOart is smart enough to realise that people won't pay the mark up price for a color change. :wink

When ebay is full of $40-$45 RED GT3's who is going to pay $80 or whatever for a white one :giggle

I do want the white one myself though!

G
#4 ·
Looking at it, I can see it is pretty much a carryover model with a face lift. Same thing with the 2003 C5R, same mold, different color with some features and details.

I am just going to presume that their price increases only apply to their Limited Edition models until someone can confirm otherwise.

BTW, I should have the white GT3 by the first of next week :giggle

#5 ·
nice! I want the new white GT3 as well, it'll look nice next to a white GT3R :giggle

I guess AUTOart isn't as greedy as we thought they were :lol

Now to see if the prices stay constant on the GT3 for my store... All his new AUTOart's are super expensive! Stupid AUTOart, I used to hate you, now I merely dislike you :giggle

G
#7 ·
I'm going with silver. White looks too much like the GT3RS and I have the 996 turbo in red. Quality and detail are just the same as the other AUTOart 996's. Realistic door-hinges are a big welcomed change for me on these Porsches.

G
#13 ·
It's much more obvious in person, especially next to the GT3R.

Even compare to the RS, the RS is much brighter vs. the GT3. I think this is due to the way they mixed the paint. I've heard you need to add hints of other colours to compensate if you want a true white colour on a model.

#14 ·
I just saw the new GT3 today and I would say it's a cream color or off-white. I had it next to the GT3R and it's very different.

I personally don't like it (too bland of a color, not brilliant).

The only 1:1 comparison I can think of is Audi's Pearl White on a cloudy day.

G
#15 · (Edited)
Thanks for the pics and the feedback gents.

I have wanted this model every since reading of its release earlier this year. I don't think I am going to be disappointed.

I think Kelvin was fooling us, it wasn't his bed time, he was chatting with his lady friend online :lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.