DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Love the look of that GT500. I think that will have to go on the list, but does anyone know what other colours it might be coming out in. I was hoping that both this and the Ford GT would be released in something a little bit more imaginative than red and white. I read rumours of a blue and white Ford GT but it never seemed to materialise.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Ooooh YES!!! I missed that one! :eek:ops

I'm gonna wait for that one instead because the red one is not making me :hot

At least they seem to nail the right yellow paint of the Mustang (not like Hot Wheels) they should've used this color for the Z06!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I am a little confused.

In the back, I see the Shelby logo in the center, instead of on the left corner. I thought the production GT500 has it on the left corner, and the center version was a prototype.

Is this model a prototype? (Just like the Shelby Collectable version?)

:feedback

The red looks awesome, in my opinion!

:cheers

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
If AUTOart wants to make the true production version they better change this. THe SHELBY logo is supposed to be on the cars' left side, not spread along the whole rear like it is now. Shelby Collectibles did this too, although I still don't know why. The hood vents are also wrong on the AUTOart.

G

·
There are obviously cars out there with the centre SHELBY script

and on the left.......so which is correct ??

in my opinion the centre script looks way better

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Personally, I think they both look pretty good. I'm just curious why AUTOart picked that one....

From manufacturing stand point, I think the 2nd car looks more feasible. The white strips are trimmed around the license place pocket. I think you would have to paint if you want to get the white onto a pocket like that. But then, they just might have tape/vynal that stretches really well? I don't know. Also, the 1st car has the Shelby logo on the white stripe. This may cause issues when customers want the no-stripe option.

Either way, they both look good, but I'm thinking the 2nd car is probably the production version....

G

·
Judging by the pics Ive been looking at tonight on various sites . I would say the AUTOart car is definately the prototype and is therefore correct .

It makes no difference to me....I will be buying this one regardless , prototype or production .....I couldnt care less where my badge is :giggle

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.