DiecastXchange Forum banner

AA Mustang

6K views 65 replies 15 participants last post by  mustangEleanor 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Love the look of that GT500. I think that will have to go on the list, but does anyone know what other colours it might be coming out in. I was hoping that both this and the Ford GT would be released in something a little bit more imaginative than red and white. I read rumours of a blue and white Ford GT but it never seemed to materialise.

#11 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Ooooh YES!!! I missed that one! :eek:ops

I'm gonna wait for that one instead because the red one is not making me :hot

At least they seem to nail the right yellow paint of the Mustang (not like Hot Wheels) they should've used this color for the Z06!

#13 ·
I am a little confused.

In the back, I see the Shelby logo in the center, instead of on the left corner. I thought the production GT500 has it on the left corner, and the center version was a prototype.

Is this model a prototype? (Just like the Shelby Collectable version?)

:feedback

The red looks awesome, in my opinion!

:cheers

#16 ·
Personally, I think they both look pretty good. I'm just curious why AUTOart picked that one....

From manufacturing stand point, I think the 2nd car looks more feasible. The white strips are trimmed around the license place pocket. I think you would have to paint if you want to get the white onto a pocket like that. But then, they just might have tape/vynal that stretches really well? I don't know. Also, the 1st car has the Shelby logo on the white stripe. This may cause issues when customers want the no-stripe option.

Either way, they both look good, but I'm thinking the 2nd car is probably the production version....

G
#23 ·
These are questions that have been asked here on DX and for some reason people get soooooooo uptight about it.

We have seen those who defend these mistakes to their last breath - we have seen people leave the forums due to it - we have seen discussions get heated - all because the company got the car wrong, not their fellow collectors...

If the majority don't care about these details and are willing to purcahse it anyways - if you were a manufacture, would you make the correction? I surely wouldn't - particularly if I was going to make money whether it was right or wrong anyways.

I better stop now - or it will be a repeat of what is already a dead horse :lol

G
#20 ·
Judging by the pics Ive been looking at tonight on various sites . I would say the AUTOart car is definately the prototype and is therefore correct .

It makes no difference to me....I will be buying this one regardless , prototype or production .....I couldnt care less where my badge is :giggle

#26 ·
So there's no doubt that AUTOart did the prototype version! I prefer the prototype's rear anyway.

...and AUTOart doesn't mention that it's the 2007 model, they are only saying "FORD SHELBY COBRA GT 500"

#27 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think the problem may stem from their attempt to have the release date of the model more or less coincide with that of the 1:1. Doing so means that they have to use pre-production cars as their guide. Of course AUTOart is going to have a drop dead date where no further revisions will be made in order to meet their production deadlines. If Ford signs off on the model, and then makes some 11th hour change and does not notify them, they may not even know until the production cars hit the streets.

#30 ·
I like it better too :giggle I'll still be getting one, in red of course :happy

People are already getting their 1:1's as we type and have been for the past month, so AUTOart is already behind the 1:1's release. I never noticed the brake light though...Can't figure out why they did that, along with ruining the cool S H E L B Y logo too. Idiots...

#31 ·
Either car, I am DEFINITELY adding one to my office colection. I hope someone emails Autoart, and they correct the hood, and the lettering. The hood vents on the real car are actually heat extractors. Again either car looks fine, but it would be great to get the correct one. Hey, remember when the first pics from AUTOart website showed the Ford GT, with the incorrect side stripes? That was fixed in time for the release, so hopefully this will be too. :cheers

#34 ·
I have always received replies from Autoart on every matter I have asked about, so I think it's worth atleast trying. If it's not already changed, I'm sure the final model will be the prototype and not the production vehicle. If it is, our only other option would be the Elite Hot Wheels GT500. It will more than likely have larger than normal rims though like everyother release from them in the past year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.