DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received my new AUTOart Porsche GT3R race cars and noticed that the front bumper mesh is now fake. Very noticeable on the Alex Job and LeMans car as they are painted silver.

I have both the original and upgraded white GT3R to compare...I guess they traded the correct hinge for fake mesh because the original had real mesh (see thru) and the upgrade has the fake.

The race cars are beautiful but :pullhair on the fake mesh.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I don't think it really is fake mesh. I think the silver part has to replicate the radiator, and it doesn't have mesh in front of it. I don't know if that's true, but seems the best explanation for it to me :cheers

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Good point. I can't tell in any of the 1:1 pictures what it should be.

The wire mesh does look good on the Recaro, Yokohoma, and original white GT3R whereas the new one looks so plastic and fake.

Nevertheless, still very happy with all the GT3Rs.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I find it really hard to believe that Porsche would let a radiator without the protection of a mesh.

G

·
I don't know about the reg (white) GT3Rs, but on this one, it appears to have no mesh or the mesh is this plastic piece you see here (looks more like a radiator).

And incase you're wondering - it's molded together with the bumper, not a separate piece.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Man those foglights look ridiculous! :ranting

It also has the same "mesh" as the white version.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.