DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does the upcoming re-relase AUTOart Porsche GT3R have that the previous one does not?

I couldn't tell any differences from the pics that I saw. Is it the same car? If it is, then I will wait for the new releases rather than pay high prices for the previous release.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From the pics I have seen, the dog legs seem to be the only difference as pointed out by Denali.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully i will get this new one as i have no luck in getting the previous verion at all. Just oozes performance....... :cool

:cheers

Timbo.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
The front is also different. The new R has a grill protecting the frontal inferior air intake.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I guess I'll have to correct LUW's statement, as the older one had a mesh grille in front of the air intake, whereas the newer one hasn't, and that isn't bad, because the actual racing cars didn't have one either.
Forther, indeed the doglegd have been replaced by proper hinges, and I think that AUTOart also changes the front and rear lights (rear lights the same as the GT3 RS, front lights without attachment stubs)

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
The new door hinges are the main change I can see and the guys above have identified the rest! I don't honestly think I will be buying this one as I already have the original one they released, dog leg door hinges and all! But it is nice to see AUTOart improving their line up over time! :cheers

·
Registered
994 Posts
I don't have them either :ranting I've seen pics though :giggle
I'm happy they rerelease it, because I want one! :danbana

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really like the mesh on the front fascia :nicejob

The pics I have seen I cannot tell if there is mesh or not. :confused

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know what dog leg looks like. Is that what the other AUTOart Porsche's have? I have the GT and Turbo so when I go back home, I'll take a look.

So I guess the new released one is seen as an improvement?

If that's the case, I probably won't actively seek or bid on ebay for the older version since the new one is coming out. Even with the price increase, it shouldn't be more expensive than the prices I'm seeing the older version go for.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dog-leg is how the door hinge is shaped and attached to the car. In opening, the whole door swings out and away from the body rather than pivoting like a real car. Very common on older models and inexcusable for new models. Takes alot of realism away from the model in my opinion. If Autoart would go back and fix this on all their Porsches, I would replace each and every one of them and will buy more than one of each color on top of that. :cheers

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I would love to see the face of the people that payed $100+ on the dog-legged version when the newer improved version comes out in a few months for about $70 and the older version's prices fall to $50 or less. :giggle

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
It's exactly the same car, but inferior in quality. Why would the price not fall? It's nothing rare from a defunct brand like the UT GT2s.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why would you care to see their faces anyway? Would it give you pleasure? They're your fellow collectors also. Some are probably board members. :confused

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
No Tom, no kind of morbid pleasure in seeing people suffering here, if that's what you're trying to imply. There's a (almost) law in the buying part of the hobby that says that those who don't have patience pay more. And that's what I was referring to.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The people I will enjoying laughing at are the unscrupulous dealers on Ebay who are asking telephone number prices for the GT3R.
I almost paid £80 ($155) for one from an ebay seller in the UK a few weeks ago . I was put of the sale as he expected me to pay a further 5% paypal charge (now against Ebay regs) . The car didnt sell for his asking price.

I emailed the guy last week to see if it was still available and he said it was , but he was gonna hang on to it a bit longer as they were going up in value all the time , according to him . He obviously thinks he`s gonna make an even bigger killing on it in the future .
Obviously he doesnt know about the re release due in May , otherwise he would be putting it up for sale now while he still could make a good profit on it .
Its people like him that I will enjoy seeing getting their comeuppance when they realise their $140 car is now worth only half as much.

Incidentally , I hear the retail price in the UK will be £39.99 for the GT3R , so it would be advisable to save your pennies till May....I know thats what Im going to do . :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The market in this hobby is an extremely interesting creature. :giggle

It will be interesting to see what the newly released version of the GT3R will do to the currently outrageous market.

If the 1982 Corvette is any indicatio, then not much will happen in relation to pricing. As it was pointed out to me in a topic I posted, there are two versions of the 1982 Corvette. The original version had dog legs and non pop up headlights, the newer version has modern hinges instead of dog legs an pop up headlights. Yet they still sale for the same amount through retailers as well as eBay.

So it will be interesting to see it play out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts