DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
At Modelissimo, this model:

goes for about 40 euros, way below (about 20 euros) retail. I'd like to know if someone around here has this model (or any other Xsara by AUTOart). If so, please post some (detail) pics and give your opinion on this. I'm very tempted to get this model, because it's Sebastien Loeb's world champion car and AUTOart has caught the shape of the car soooo much better than Solido or Sunstar/Bburago! The exterior looks so good that I'd gladly take the fact that it's sealed (DON'T KILL ME PLEASE!!! :scared :giggle )

Thanks in advance :cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
these can be had for 40USD (not sure which race tho) at replicarz...
ACtually a lotta places are clearing out these Citroen rally cars, since they don't seem to sell...

G

·
I wanted to pick it up, but scratched it off the list as soon as I found out that it's sealed.

What's up with these sealed cars lately? If it was a Nascar racer, I would totally understand (since the 1:1s do not have opening doors). But a sealed WRC? C'mon now.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Hmmmm....the sealed phenomenon strikes at rally cars too. What's next, non-rolling wheels?? The manufacturers could rationalize it by saying models don't need to roll around anywhere so why have rolling wheels. :shipwrecked

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My guess is that fabricating the hinge mechanism would cost much more $$ and thus it would raise the price... :confused

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
these babies aren't exactly cheap to begin with... it's not as if they're priced much below the 206 rally cars (which open).

the new 206 rally cars (red/white livery) are more expensive, with the adjusted AUTOart prices. But I'd rather pay that price for a openable Citroen than pay around 10CAD less for a sealed :p

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, that's right. But I would prefer a sealed AUTOart Citroën above a Bburago, Solido or Sunstar, even if they are good models. The AUTOart's exterior finish is much better...

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Gian is correct, the new Solido rally cars are REALLY well made, better than a sealed AUTOart, in my opinion.

Too bad stores in TO don't stock Solidos :cry

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why not get a Solido? Because I already have one, a 2001 version. It IS well made, but somehow Solido hasn't caught the overall shape not so good as AUTOart did in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
The AUTOart Citroen is a beautifully finished model. Infact the colors looks so much better than the regular model. But its still a no go. Whats the use of having this model if you cannot inspect all the bells and whistles that go into making a winning rally car.

G

·
So given the choices between the two, you would pick AUTOart's. Cool.

Buf if it's between a sealed one and an opened one, which one would you buy?

So basically, you would choose AUTOart because there's really no other alternative, at least not to your standard anyways. Am I correct?

I'm not trying to twist your words of putting words in your mouth. I just want a clear understanding of this "sealed model" situation.

So far, the only reason why people accept sealed models is because they really have no alternative.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Its a shame when a company chooses to release all their models in this format. Why not release 4 Xsaras a year, 2 sealed 2 open??? Satisfy all consumers???

There will be a limited 2000 car release of Stohl's Cyprus car (see thread in the rally section) a beautiful car but. Why go to all the bother of getting the interior correct if it won't open???? Why not just have no detail inside and save the cost, just put opaque windows on....whoops have i gone too far and given Derrik ideas? :scared

·
Registered
107 Posts
:help my bad......have stayed out of the debate, a fan of the livery but would rather get a 1/43 if its a sealed model, waste of time paying extra for a 1/18 if it misses the details that make it more expensive than 1/43....apart from size :lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts