DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Souky:
Yes, I WOULD get an opening model if AUTOart made one. But this is not the case, and so? I think I will get the selaed one, but only for a reasonable price! I'd never get it for full retail price! please do understand that :cheers

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Bart, PRICE is a very important factor here. If I found this model on sale for a really low price, I would buy it too, no question asked and no complaints made. The problem is that at least here it goes for the same US$ 100,00 that all other AUTOart models go far. I'm pretty sure Souky wouldn't argue if he found it dirt cheap either.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well dirt cheap it isn't but it's at a price about the same as new Hot Wheels models go for here, about 40 euros.
I wouldn't think one moment about buying one for the 60 euros it goes for normally here, but at this price, and given the exterior finish, I'm really tempted by this one. :tempted

G

·
I hear ya Bart and I understand where you're coming from. It's a shame thought that we don't get more options from the manufacturers. If I were you, I would definitely wait for the price to drop further.

And Luciano is absolutely right - I would pick it up only if it's dirt cheap. And when I said dirt cheap, I mean dirt cheap. The sealed body bothered me so much that if I see one infront of me for a price of say.... $31.99, I can honestly say that I won't be in a rush to pick it up.

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
It's Denis and I will take this idea to the head office for consideration :lol

Like I mentioned before on another post, this is a new line for us and also a test. Your reponses are being noted and listen to.

I really do not want to get into this debate again, but it is important to know that the exterior finish on the Motorsport line is much more detailed then other AUTOart's and it is also more expensive to do. To release the same model but with openings would of made the retail price much higher then it already is.
The current sealed bodies should be sold at around $80 USD but if we add openings to the same model, the model will be around $100+. Would you still buy the model at the $100 level if it had openings?
Other then the engine details, the sealed bodies are fully detailled and the details can be clearly seen through the windows. Is being able to open the hood and doors worth the extra money?
These are serious questions and your answers will be taken seriously.

:cheers

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I think this new line of AUTOart is more or less 2 years old. Guess that gives plenty of time for you to realise that you are making a neat profit after providing less than half the detail. True the exterior finish is good with a few photoetched parts thrown in maye, but it is not something more spectacularly special than the regular models.
Are you selling the Jaguar XJ13, a Subaru WRX or a Mitsubishi Lancer WRC at a huge loss? If so, only then can you justify asking 100$ for a fully opening Citroen rally car. Common Denis. Stop kidding us. You know and we know that none of the models AUTOart makes is worth 80$, sealed or unsealed.
I think the opening hoods and doors are certainly worth the money but not the kind of money you ask for. If I can buy a Subaru WRC at full retail(approx 70$) from my hobby shop, you cannot justify selling a Citroen which has 2 doors less for more money than a Millenium model.

G

·
Sure the line is almost 2 years old but it is still considered a new line for us and still a test. We cannot test the market with just a couple of subjects that were launched a year ago. The line needs to grow and once it has grown, then we can accuratly understand how the market is reacting to the line.

I do not need to explain this sealed body issue anymore then I have already done. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinions and if you feel that AUTOart is stealing your money with this line then this is your opinion. Saying that we provide half the details with this line is a bit harsh especially when the top of the engine is the only part that is not shown on these cars. The rest of the model is quite detailed as you can see through the windows and the exterior.

As I also mentioned before, we make profits on a very small amount of models. The rest of our releases are break even or loses. Of corse we prefer to make profits, who wouldn't, but as long as we can break even on the investements then we are ok with it. Why question the amount of profits a company makes on something. All business are doing business to make a profit and if this line brings us such a great profit as you mentioned, then why should be cancel it?

You cannot compare one model to another because there are too many things that influence the final price.
Yes, the XJ13 is quite a nice model but did you even consider that maybe the liscense for this car was probably very inexpensive and that this car was also used as a launching platform for the Millennium line and other then the doors, there are not other hinges. They are just pieces of metal that you can remove freely. Also, we probably lowered our margins on this car to launch this Millennium line.
But you seem to already know the profits that are made by the diecast companies so I am not telling you anything that you don't already know.

Do I think that AUTOart is worth the money that retailers ask for. The answer is YES.
Does everyone need to agree with me? of corse no. What kind of answer were you expecting from that question?

I respect and understand 99.9% of the comments that I have received on this forum. The collectors here are serious and genuine but questions like the one you ask, makes me feel like you don't even like AUTOart and you are just here to bash the line. But once again , this is your choice and I respect it.
We will never be able to please everyone and pricing will always be an issue. I am spending allot of my time to collect constructive comments and to understand the collector market better. Your comments are not constructive.

I may be wrong about your comments and your questions, and if I am, then I apologize for some of the sarcazm that I wrote above. Maybe this seal body issue has started to get to me. But that is a good thing for you guys since the head office will have to listen to my frustration and they might get fed up also.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
You find my comments unconstructive and I find what you do to the hobby totally destructive. I firmly believe that every company should make a profit. No one opens a company for charity. But you shouldnt forget that the customer is always right. I cannot expect you to please me but the same time I cannot expect you to disgust me out of the hobby with half baked models and high prices.
I am not here to bash AUTOart or any company. If you are in my place you will understand what it means to pay for a model which is equivalent to what a person here earns in an entire month. This is a super luxury item and I treat it as one. The world is not going to collapse on me if I stop buying diecast tomorrow. I am buying something what I like and thats the reason why your company exists.
I am here to tell you what I feel is affecting my hobby. If you feel its bashing, so be it. If I am feeling cheated or I find the prices too expensive, I am going to tell you so. If you can take the bouquets, you gotta know to take the brickbats too.

G

·
The current sealed bodies should be sold at around $80 USD but if we add openings to the same model, the model will be around $100+. Would you still buy the model at the $100 level if it had openings?
YES !!!!!

G

·
Like I said, I probably misunderstood your post. But you were asking questions that you seemed to already know the answers to or you already had a preset answer that you wanted to hear from me.
I appreciate all comments, negative or possitive and if you read my other post on other topics you will see that. This is the reason why I am here, to collect information and to educate myself and hopefully make AUTOart a better company then it already is :wink

I also agree with you that the customer is always right, but I also have to be carefull that not all accounts here are customers and some might be here for other reasons. Not that this is your case, since you seem really heartfelt and honest with this last post but this is just how I felt when I wrote my last post. I did not mean to judge you that way.
Also, this sealed body issue has been discussed already so much now that I was starting to get a headache and unfortunatly you received a response that I should of kept to myself.
I did not mean to attack you at all.
Beleive me, I am a collector myself and the prices are very important to me too. But to ask me if my product is worth the money that we ask for..........well........what kind of answer did you expect?
We are working hard to make our company better and I think that having someone listening to your comments is a good start.
I want to apologize to you again for my previous response and I hope that there are no hard feelings.

G

·
I have the Monte Carlo winning Loeb Citroen sealed model and I love it. The fact the parts don't open doesn't matter to me one bit. Ungloved hands DO NOT touch my models and I don't display them with the doors open.
I think the finish is brilliant and I love it. I would have no hesitation in buying more 'sealed' models at all.
Seems I'm swimming against the tide! :cheers

G

·
[quote name='maxxximus' date='Aug 22 2005, 11:32 AM']

but it is important to know that the exterior finish on the Motorsport line is much more detailed then other AUTOart's and it is also more expensive to do.

Sorry, but I cant see what is more detailed on the exterior of the Motorsport Line Xsara compared to other AUTOart´s. Can you tell us more about these details?

Thanks

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.