DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im receiving exoticar catalogues since '98, and theye where really satisfying issues. but, i received the last issue before 2 days, and im shocked :confused because the number of the pages are too few, and the print quality is so poor :scared
yes, i know that the printing and the shipment costs are too high but, the brand of "exoticar" must be protected at least with the quality of the catalogue :confused

am i right?

G

·
I ordered the new catalog about 5 times now on the internet and have not yet reecieved it. I think they are about to go out of business. The exoticar near me (Palm Beach) closed a few months back. I recieved a gift card for $50 and went there all excited to get a new car and they were gone. I am gonna try to order something with the card and then that will be the last time. I am very dissapointed with them for not responding to all my emails.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
They also closed the Los Angeles store in April. I don't know if they're going out of business or not but I, for one, will never do business with them again due to the way I was treated. :pullhair

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
I would hate to see them go out of business. The only problems I've had with them are false advertising, they always advertise models that haven't come out yet (and it's always models I want really badly too! They advertised the Ricko Caddy Sixteen something like 6 months before it came out!). I always thought it was really convenient just to print out one of their order forms and mail them a check and their models always shipped to my house in 8 days. No more no less.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I haven't received their latest catalog. The thing I don't like about their catalogs is that many models in it are not available. I am always drooling over many models pictured in their catalog and when I call up, they are not available yet. It is like a tease!

G

·
On the subject of poor Exoiticar customer service...

I ordered a Kyosho smart fortwo and a Kyosho smart roadster, both 1/18 back in May. If they still havn't arrived yet, should I be worried? I'm new to the world of die-cast, so I don't really know what to do. I've been waiting anxiously the past 4 months...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Well zBb, if not worried I think you should be at least concerned. If I were you, I would first check my bank records to determine if they have already charged you for these models ( twice they charged me without ever having the models in stock, let alone shipping them! ) :scared . Next, I would cancel all outstanding orders and look elsewhere.

Exoticar is, in my opinion, notorious for "selling" models which they do not have and, in fact, may not have for many months. :mine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts