DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am Korean.
I want to ask you a question, but English uses a translator.
Recently, I felt something strange.
Schuco's model is different in price even if it is the same model.
The price difference seems to be due to the details.
Do you know why this is happening?
Sometimes I feel good about buying a model at a low price, but I get disappointed when I see the details.
I look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
일일이 열거하기는 어렵지만 최근 저가형 포르쉐 934가 재출시되면서 앞서 출시된 다른 컬러 모델들과 세부적인 차이가 있었다.

그리고 아래 사진은 포르쉐 356 입니다.
가격이 다른 모델을 내놓으면 품질에 차이가 나는 것 같다.
예를 들어 가죽 벨트를 보십시오.

어제 새 모델을 주문했는데
공식 현장에 들어서니 헤드라이트가 달랐다.하지만 나는 아직 이것에 대한 설명을 찾지 못했어.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Car Light Hood
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
It is difficult to list them all, but as the low-priced Porsche 934 was recently re-released, there were detailed differences from other color models released earlier.

And the picture below is a Porsche 356.
If a model with a different price is released, there seems to be a difference in quality.
Take, for example, a leather belt.

I ordered a new model yesterday.
When I entered the official site the headlights were different, but I haven't found an explanation for this yet.
Not being a Schuco expert myself so I probably won't be much help in this case I suppose perhaps they might have made some tweaks here and there between releases of the same model? I just checked my only 356 and it has a slightly detailed leather belt similar to 2nd and 3rd photos. Could the price difference due to different "grade" i.e. premium or regular line.. kind of like Mattel's HW and HW Elite. Or the later release just happens to have a price hike?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Hi. I am Korean.
I want to ask you a question, but English uses a translator.
Recently, I felt something strange.
Schuco's model is different in price even if it is the same model.
The price difference seems to be due to the details.
Do you know why this is happening?
Sometimes I feel good about buying a model at a low price, but I get disappointed when I see the details.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Hello and welcome to DX!

Lately, every model car maker is skimping on the level of details. This means that when you see a leather strap on one model, that model is probably an early release. When you see lower quality bits and pieces, usually with plastic replacing other materials, that means it's almost certainly a recent release.

This very true for Schuco: I was looking to buy a few of their Unimog trucks, but studying the photos I noticed that the newer releases look somewhat dull, and lack in details such as chains and extra attachments.

Now regarding the photos of the Porsche 356 "Speed Outlaw" with headlight meshes, only the Schuco official website has these, whereas every other retailer shows the same model without the meshes. We could speculate on a number of reasons for that: it could be a prototype whose photos made into the website by mistake, or it could be a upcoming new release, or a version only available to certain markets, or even a exclusive version only sold on their website.

However, to find out why is that exactly, it would be best if you write directly to Schuco. :cool:(y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not being a Schuco expert myself so I probably won't be much help in this case I suppose perhaps they might have made some tweaks here and there between releases of the same model? I just checked my only 356 and it has a slightly detailed leather belt similar to 2nd and 3rd photos. Could the price difference due to different "grade" i.e. premium or regular line.. kind of like Mattel's HW and HW Elite. Or the later release just happens to have a price hike?
If the exact same model is re-released, it seems to save some money. Other than that, as you said, there seems to be a model rating.
Among schouco's 356 models, non-opening models are more expensive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello and welcome to DX!

Lately, every model car maker is skimping on the level of details. This means that when you see a leather strap on one model, that model is probably an early release. When you see lower quality bits and pieces, usually with plastic replacing other materials, that means it's almost certainly a recent release.

This very true for Schuco: I was looking to buy a few of their Unimog trucks, but studying the photos I noticed that the newer releases look somewhat dull, and lack in details such as chains and extra attachments.

Now regarding the photos of the Porsche 356 "Speed Outlaw" with headlight meshes, only the Schuco official website has these, whereas every other retailer shows the same model without the meshes. We could speculate on a number of reasons for that: it could be a prototype whose photos made into the website by mistake, or it could be a upcoming new release, or a version only available to certain markets, or even a exclusive version only sold on their website.

However, to find out why is that exactly, it would be best if you write directly to Schuco. :cool:(y)
Thank you for your reply.

Every time the model is re-released, the details change
There's a phenomenon.
It is good that the deletion of details is reflected in the price of the schuco product, so it is possible to purchase it at a lower price.
However, I asked because it seems that changing parts is not a common phenomenon in other model manufacturers due to cost reduction.

Anyway, as you said, it would be better to ask some questions directly to the manufacturer.
Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi!

I joined the forum to answer that question :)

Schuco moved to Bangladesh based factory, hence the much lower production cost than China. As with transfer of any manufacturing facility they started with products known to them, so they rereleased models using molds that were already in use in China. That is why recently there were so many rereleases of old classics (T1, 911, 934, targas, 356, Pagoda etc.). They all had the same details as old releases sometimes only missing chrome plating or leather belts replaced with plastic etc. Unfortunately quality of assembly (as with any new plant) was... not the best (to say the least), therefore do not be surprised if your new Schuco models sometimes need to have some parts... reassembled. Lately I got T1 Samba that I had to reattach 2 seats, one door hinge was unpainted and panel gaps were so huge I could see future through them. That being said, Schuco is the only brand that recently decreased prices and they did it dramatically (sometimes up to 30% compared to the previous releases).

as for the completely new models (some unimogs, upcoming Merc truck, Gullwing) they usually are simplified (I’m assuming both due to inexperience of the new plant and obviously increasing prices of every material). It is especially visible with L322 truck, old release was absolutely jaw dropping model, one of the best 1:18 models I’ve seen, easily comparable to CMC trucks. New one has only doors opening + plastic cargo cover and closed bonnet (and ugly plastic grill).

that being said, I am all for old molds rereleased even if sometimes I need to reassemble something but get f. eg VW T4 for 105€ instead of 140€. Especially that quality of Bagladeshi plant products will surely increase with time.

Hope that helps!

·
Administrator
35,031 Posts
Hi viert,

Thank you for joining to share that information. We really appreciate the news! I find it so sad! I wouldn't be surprised if they stated seeing a big drop in sales then, no doubt most models will end up on special offer, some of theirs already do.
The last model I bought of theirs was a Jagermeister Porsche 934, which is a nice but just a repaint (I have a couple of their other 934 models, so I knew what to expect) At the time it was selling fast, so I bought one before it completely sold out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi!

I joined the forum to answer that question :)

Schuco moved to Bangladesh based factory, hence the much lower production cost than China. As with transfer of any manufacturing facility they started with products known to them, so they rereleased models using molds that were already in use in China. That is why recently there were so many rereleases of old classics (T1, 911, 934, targas, 356, Pagoda etc.). They all had the same details as old releases sometimes only missing chrome plating or leather belts replaced with plastic etc. Unfortunately quality of assembly (as with any new plant) was... not the best (to say the least), therefore do not be surprised if your new Schuco models sometimes need to have some parts... reassembled. Lately I got T1 Samba that I had to reattach 2 seats, one door hinge was unpainted and panel gaps were so huge I could see future through them. That being said, Schuco is the only brand that recently decreased prices and they did it dramatically (sometimes up to 30% compared to the previous releases).

as for the completely new models (some unimogs, upcoming Merc truck, Gullwing) they usually are simplified (I’m assuming both due to inexperience of the new plant and obviously increasing prices of every material). It is especially visible with L322 truck, old release was absolutely jaw dropping model, one of the best 1:18 models I’ve seen, easily comparable to CMC trucks. New one has only doors opening + plastic cargo cover and closed bonnet (and ugly plastic grill).

that being said, I am all for old molds rereleased even if sometimes I need to reassemble something but get f. eg VW T4 for 105€ instead of 140€. Especially that quality of Bagladeshi plant products will surely increase with time.

Hope that helps!
I understand.
I am happy to be able to sympathize with and get an answer to my question.
Obviously, the price reduction of schuco led me to buy. It's a positive aspect.
On the other hand, I want to feel the uniqueness and sophistication that when I bought 550 spyder before.
I think there will be likes and dislikes.
Thank you😀

1 - 11 of 11 Posts