DiecastXchange Forum banner
741 - 748 of 748 Posts

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #742 ·
got two Autoart Vanquish S' '17.

i have some plans for them :)

the sand interior in the silver Vanquish S doesnt really work for me, so i plan to swap it over in the bronze Vanquish S as that looks great.
than i want to repaint the interior in the silver Vanquish S to dark red/maroon as i think that would great.

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #745 ·
got 3 Autoart Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R models, this time there appears to be no flaws like the 3 first i had to return. there is some still minor stuff that i can tolerate, but there is some weird going on with the paint in the engine bay in the white Skyline. so im not sure if im keeping it or sending it back yet.

it's hard to see in the photo, but the strange thing with the engine bay is that the beam that goes across the bay in front of the bumper looks like it was partially painted with an brush, and the paint looks slightly different. there is also some areas/corners that looks unpainted, as if the is plastic molded in white base color, and didnt get fully covered when the model was painted.

·
Registered
103 Posts
got another Aston Martin. a Welly DB9 in red.

i got a Hobby Design photo etch kit for the Welly DB9 laying around, so it will go on the red DB9.
I just recently found a black-on-black Welly NEX DB9. My wife said I can't open it till Christmas...but I already plan on making some improvements. I saw an old post from you where you explained how you detailed your black one. The one part I didn't really understand was the bit about the headlights - how do you remove them without breaking them?

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #747 ·
I just recently found a black-on-black Welly NEX DB9. My wife said I can't open it till Christmas...but I already plan on making some improvements. I saw an old post from you where you explained how you detailed your black one. The one part I didn't really understand was the bit about the headlights - how do you remove them without breaking them?
i just painted the headlight projectors dark with Tamiya smoke. i dont remember how it was assembled, so it probably is straight forward, as i would have remembered it if it was troublesome.
when you get it, remove the bottom and see how the headlights are attached inside. it's likely you just pry them off.

741 - 748 of 748 Posts