DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI #8 N.Larini DTM 1993 (HPI)

exterior paint is very well tampos perfect and also the car when you open clam not anything outside the car is very detailed, the few screens that are not blind (if you are are very well made), the wheels and tires are very well reproduced, the car has disc brakes on all 4 wheels, the wheels do not roll so that the brake disc is fixed, one thing I notice is that llema even clam doors and the trunk are pieces to separate and are glued to the body,

The interior is very detailed, unable to open the doors is not much, the seat is plastic and fabric belts, the dashboard is very well reproduced, and interior is very simple and not much else, any electronic device with wiring and little more

Now the photos

1º round

2º round

3º round

last round

·
Administrator
34,167 Posts
Nice pics & review as always

I bought one of these after seeing pics of one on here, this is easliy one of my best ads of the year, I'm a big HPI fan, so when I heard they were breaking into the 1/18 market I was really pleased, they really delivered, great price too.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Got my Larini car todaty, still sitting in the box. It's a great quality model ,as has been said it's fairly well detailed inside and the doors and trunk are in fact separate pieces which are then attached to the body. So far I've not been too worried at the fact that it's sealed, especially as it can be had on ebay for less than half the price of the autoart on there at the minute.

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
Looks awesome & so much better than the old UT's....if those discounted prices start showing up here in the US, I can see upgrading.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
HPI have certainly done a great job on this car, I'll definately be adding this to my collection. I can't wait to see what else HPI offer in 1:18.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Very nice model with some great details, am tempted but something in the back of my head says to wait as I really would like a BTCC version (without the big body kit) & its not on this years "must have" list. Did I read it right that the wheels don't turn?

·
Registered
724 Posts
wheels don't turn. slim to no chance of ever seeing a btcc version in 1/18 though. doubt the manufacturers would see a decent return in that scale.

·
Registered
836 Posts
wheels don't turn. slim to no chance of ever seeing a btcc version in 1/18 though. doubt the manufacturers would see a decent return in that scale.
1994 season would be a good seller for the tarquini version only(probs not the simoni)
1995 wouldnt stand a chance of being a good seller for any of the eventual 3 driver lineup as it was not competitive!

one can only hope - especially as a 1:43 1994 pair was made by HPI which sold out pretty quickly!!!!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of sealed & static wheels doesn't make me want it any more. I'll stick with a UT or AUTOart when I can find one cheap....No rush.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I hope we'll get to see a nice side by side comparison of the AUTOart and HPI versions at some point :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts