DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts

Hopefully all the photos do comply with the requirements as I checked them before posting.

I realize that it is not an authentic version of any particular variety of racing car, but it was alot fun seeing what some fifty year old decals and a little flat black paint would do to a stock GTX convertible. The wheels should be better but they were all I had to work with. That is why it is "almost" race ready. Plus, "The Screamer" is devoid of its hemi engine.
However, the wheels do roll and the steering also functions. And the headlights are taped up.

BTW, is there still a REVELS Chrysler-Plymouth-Dodge-Jeep dealership in Starke, Florida?????

·
Registered
919 Posts
THANKS, Jim!

Sort of figured you would take a look since the word "race" was in the topic. LOL

You did expand my mind though, as I was not aware that there was a
Nascar Convertible Class. I did some research after your post and discovered some interesting facts about this class of racers. One 1959 Ford Thunderbird convertible racer looked pretty cool! As I thought my location of the roll cage might have been too high, the Thunderbird confirmed that the height I picked by chance was about right. My race car could use a bar behind the top of the windshield, though, to make it more authentic looking, you think?

Hope your projects are going good for you.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Looks pretty cool, Bob! Good job! Definately a head turner!!!

Sean

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Humpy Wheeler, with Charlotte Motor Speedway, commissioned a recent version convertible Nascar-legal stock car sometime within the past five years, and I have been trying to get a picture of it, but my Internet searches come up blank. If I find a picture, I will post it, so that you have an idea what a comtemporary version would look like.

:cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.