DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:happy Here is the beginning of one of my projects: to detail the "unfinished" Revell model to convert it into a more realistic replica of this wonderful BMW, designed by Giugiaro (Italdesign).

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car looks good with 2 simple modifications: paint the background of the lights and detail the nose.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The trick is simple and effective. Here is a Porsche 911 GT2 from UT models. The front decal is plain, not realistic like the 1:1 ones.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
And now the miracle: put a drop of superglue (I use loctite) in a pin, and deposit it in the center of the decal. Accurately, distribute the superglue for the contour of the emblem. When it dries off, it remains brilliant, voluminous, and with more color and contrast. Simply perfect, since they indeed. And then, there is no risk that they break like the normal decals!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
It looks really nice, but I could never attempt it! I shake like crazy and I'm clumsy as heck with small things like this. I'm the one who gets superglue on everything except where I wanted it :giggle

I good idea though! :cheers

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
That really is a great and simple idea, but like Justin, I'd be terrified to try it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
(Your web looks very nice and the music gives a smart touch. I have seen your web various times)

Don't worry. The superglue dries off in a few seconds (at least with loctite), and it stays as is, and the decal doesn't suffer any damage, like an insect in ambar :giggle

I'm using this technique for years with other type of scale models, and none has been damaged.

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
This M12 Nazca is a pretty hard to find model, isn't it? I remember trying to find one a few years ago and I couldn't.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.