DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bid on an item a few days ago and suddenly received a notification from eBay that my bid has been cancelled. Going back to the item, it says: "The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale."

WTF? I thought the seller cannot cancel auctions once they have bids? I thought at least the seller should show some class by emailing me that he was pulling his auction and if I am okay with it. (I have 100% feedback so credibility should not have been a problem). And yes, it was a collector I know... :pullhair

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Sadly, I've had this happen to me too. Mind you, it was for an aero kit (ground effects) for my car and not a diecast. Sorry to hear your were the victim of this stunt.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
So you can actually do this on eBay, up to seconds before auction end? Perhaps that's legal by eBay policy, but that's pretty screwy if you ask me.

Imagine something like that happens at an auction house...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes even with a few seconds left a seller can cancel the auction.

In your case I suspect the auction was not going as well as the seller had hoped and perhaps someone emailed the seller offering more $$ then what the auction was currently going for.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not certain but I thought sellers cannot cancel the auctions if there's less than 12 hours left.

The policy is there to allow the seller an 'out' if something was to happen to the merchandise between the start and the end of auction (i.e. the item broke for whatever reason). Of course, some sellers do take the advantage of this policy by cancelling it if they don't like the last bid on the auction.

in my opinion, it might not be wise to cancel HTF 1/18 auctions since a many bidder 'snipe' with seconds to go. The sellers will never really know what bidders are willing to pay unless they let the auction end.

·
Registered
337 Posts
if the auction was for the minichamps sl500 mercedes, the seller seemed kind of shady. even before that auction i sent him several emails asking for more details and to show more pics (which he listed he would do on the site). the seller never reponded back. mmmmmm?

EricP

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's correct. You can even stop certain bidders from placing a bid on your items. I have a long list of people who aren't welcome to bid on any of mine, either they never paid for prior auctions, or they are people who I consider unsavoury characters...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm having a similar problem but I won the auction payed with paypal now the seller won't respond and hasn't claimed the funds. I should have been wary of this fellow when last week he had a 73mm inverted front end for a Harley and I was the only bidder on it it was at $300. which I know was cheap he cancelled the auction sometimes EBAY sucks. If you put something up for auction and you don't get what you wanted put a reserve on it don't put it up then pull it at the last minutes :pullhair

1 - 11 of 11 Posts