DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems Im losing my touch recently with Porsches :giggle

I saw a guy selling 38 cars as a job lot for £250 . While looking through his list , I see some nice cars including a red Kyosho RX7 and a yellow UT Porsche Turbo S.
Hmmm , I thought....wouldnt mind the S , so I emailed him and asked if he would sell it seperately . He replied with the usual , make me an offer , routine.

So I offered him £35 + postage costs and he comes back to me with , "its a done deal " . He removes it from his list and notes in his auction it has been sold seperately . Good man I thought. I asked him for his Paypal addy so I could make payment.

Anyways , 2 days passes and nothing , despite numerous emails from me . I figure he sold me out to a higher bidder and now doesnt want to reply , so I sent him another mail thanking him for shafting me and obviously his greed had taken over. So much for a done deal.

He replies to yesterday saying , he did some checking into the car , because I had offered him so much for it and he says it turns out to be worth lots more and now asks me £50 + postage.
I wasnt happy at all , but I thought , what the h*ll , just buy it. I email him today and ask if its still available and he says yeh , sure....you can have it for £65 shipped .
Now postage in the UK is usually £5 so that means the car is now up to £60 .
He says if I dont wanna pay that , he will Ebay it at a reserve price of £75 .

Sorry about the rant , but guys like this really p*** me off big time .
I havent sent a reply as yet , as I thought a member here may be prepared to pay £65 ($130) for it before I tell him to go forth and multiply .

If anyone wants a yellow Turbo S in good condition (he sent me a pic) then I can supply you with his email addy or I can purchase it for you. Overseas shipping will be extra though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much are these Boxsters worth?

You probably should have offered him 15 pounds in the first place. 75 pounds seems too much to me.

:cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
I hate ppl like this. A deal is a deal! Even afterwards if u find out it's worth more, u shouldn't do this. Tell us his name, so we never buy from this person!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is really this sh!ts! I can understand your fustration, that would tick me off too. Now you know not to deal that that guy again.

Something similar happened to me, a collector on this forum was looking for a model I PM'd them advising that a local shop had one. The collector was yes yes yes, so like a fool I bought it and right up until it was time for him to pay he changed his mind!
So I got stuck with a model I don't really want.
I have since become wiser, the last time I attempted helping out a collector, I had them paypal the cost of the model before I spend any of my own money.

People should learn to keep thier word, it is a pretty rare quality in todays world...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jim,

It's the yellow 993 Turbo S in question. I think 70 pounds is too much for it. 45 to 60 sounds fair... The seller is too greedy in my opinion.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks Kelvin - I don't know where I got Boxster from. :giggle

Scuderia - The actions of the other member were totally out of order. I would have taken it no matter what. Even if I had found it cheaper somewhere else I still would have bought it as to avoid any ill feelings.

:cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I agree with you. Either do the research before you tell a fellow member to buy for you, or buy it no matter what. Friendship is worth more than saving a few extra bucks...

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Not only friendship, but is their word worth nothing to these people?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yeah, I've done some "group buys" in another forum, but some people backed out because the cost was slightly higher than expected (and I mentioned a +/- ballpark as well, but some people just backed out and I was stuck with a bunch of duplicates that I ended up losing money getting rid of them...

I don't think I'll ever do that again, unless I know the person well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gary - I would tell this person to go screw himself. There's no excuse for this kind of crap. He's obviously trying to take advantage of you, knowing that you wanted the Porsche. Screw him. :nutkick

So that's how much his honor is worth - a measly £30.... How pathetic! :lol

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Depending on where this seller was, and what direction the closest body of water was, I would have told him to walk in that direction until his hat floated when he jacked the price the first time. Someone who won't keep their word has no ethics.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hmm....a very long walk off a very short pier is required for this person. My cynical head says that Gary should post his ebay ID so that we can avoid this seller... :ranting

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
What a...nevermind. :ranting You shouldn't have to pay a DIME over what he agreed to. You're the bigger person for going along with this crap. He'll get what's coming to him...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you should have said now after his 1st price increase, because now he knew that you wanted it and he keeps asking more, the greedy bastard

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That suks :ranting

As others have stated, it's a shame that we have the misfortune of dealing with people like this. tell the guy to ram it where the sun don't shine.

amazing how some people have no morals

1 - 20 of 20 Posts