DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not much of a Musle car fan, but this is one car that i've always wanted to own because of sentimental reasons. which one should i get?

My choices:

-1978 Corvette mettalic red chrome wheels by UT

-or-

-the same 1978 Corvette Indy pace car black/silver chrome wheels by UT

as i've observed, both are exactly the same, just the style (the pace car has fender extensions.) both are t-tops

is one rare than the other?
which one would you pick if you had a choice? :question

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
That's a very tough one!!! :confused

I really like the Pace car.....but the red version is a beauty too.....don't know which is the harder one to find.

What ever decision you take, you can't go wrong coz they're both great models! :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the prices the Pace Cars are commanding, if you have the chance to pick one up - I say grab it.

The Pace Car is the most sought after of those two.

·
Registered
536 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:iagree

Although, I'd like to add that Pace Car is going for 2-3 times what the standard car commands. Figure to spend at least $150 for one.

Also, Autoart makes the 78 in the 25th Anniversary version. Other than the lack of doglegs, I can't say if it is significantly improved over the UT mold.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go for the pace car....its a stunner , but watch those decals :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got the pace car guys! thanks for all the advice, yeah i love this car, and lucky for me, it didn't cost me a lot!!! as found on eBa.. it's in much better condition than the porsche gt2 tiger i bought along with though i am quite surprised that it had carpeting inside! looks lovely with the top off too ( as a t-top) i've always wanted this! :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
what is the history of this pace car? i only liked this because of how it looked like. dunno much about the real car, can anyone shed some light on this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do recall that the pace car was part of the 25th ann. of the Corvette, and I believe they all had the L82 engine option (higher perf.) and F41 suspension. Also believe that it was used at Indy for pace car duties. I'm not an expert on Corvettes, as this is all from memory, so please excuse any errors in my info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.