DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though my collection is predominantly for my first loves, Bimmers, with Goldeneye I began a 007 collection, that though very small (especially when compared to many collections on the board), I am always wanting to increase.

I currently have the UT z3 from Goldeneye, the kyosho bmw dealer z8 edition from TWINE, the autoart db5, and autoart lotus from "for your eyes only."

the other autoarts have been hard to come by, and in fact i think the line was discontinued. the only autoarts i'm aware (besides my own) are a ford 2000gt, and two other white lotuses (one sub, one normal). i know a z8 was released as well.

is that it from autoart?

also, can anyone comment on the ertl ones. i have been VERY hesitant about them, as they seem much more like toys and I don't know much about their quality.

so i guess i wanted to start a discussion on any others who are fans of the 007 cars. I know corgi has small ones, and there are a few 1:12s, but honestly, I love the 1:18's.

My holy grail is the BMW Motorcycle from TWINE, I can't find that at all.

hopefully this is in the right section, I'm a constant lurker, not much of a poster.

--soheil

G

·
Autoart did the following cars :cheers

Lotus Submarine - The spy who loved me

Lotus Esprit 79 - The spy who loved me

Lotus Esprit Turbo with skis - For your eyes only

Aston Martin DB5 with and without working weapons - Goldfinger

BMW Z8 - The world is not enough

Toyota 2000 GT - Youll only live twice

·
Registered
609 Posts
I havent heard much about the ertl ones, I didnt like the look of the ertl mustang I saw. The beanstalk vanquish is great, but I rate the beanstalk jaguar as only average, looks cheap compared to the vanquish. I also have the 1/12 vanquish which is wonderful.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
so the beanstalk vantage is worth the buy? i'm really tempted, but was never sure how it would sit next to the db5 and kyosho.

the minichamps r1200c officially released for the movie is the one i'm looking for, i guess i'm a fool for marketing. i only saw that once for like 150 on ebay years ago.

thanks for all the help everyone. i've also found out that solido did a 1:18 yellow citroen.

--soheil

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
the white lotue esprit turbo by auto art is the same as the car that gets blown up at the start of for your eyes only!!

the universal hobbies renault 5 turbo 2 (red) is the same as the fatima blushes car in never say never again the ertl merc 190 pontoon in black is the same as the cars in goldfinger (the chase with the db5)

G

·
Sir Gary said:
Aston Martin DB5 with and without working weapons - Goldfinger
AUTOart have released four different versions of the Goldfinger car over the years.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Yup, but Autoart would NEVER admit to that. Doesn't stop it sitting atop of my shelf with my other Bondies. You can easily get an Autoart Z8 for £30 if you look hard enough, along with the sub version of the Esprit. Check eBay for the Red Esprit Turbo and the S1 road version though, they come up occasionally. There's always the ERTL range and the Beanstalk range but if you're looking for some unofficial Bond, Revell make a good Mercedes 180 Ponton, like the pursuers drove in Goldfinger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.