·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DiecastX said:
:wwop

:lol :lol :lol

I honestly haven't seen enough pics of it to form an opinion. :cheers
I've only seen pics on AUTOart's site. I'd like to see one in person or hear from someone that owns one... from the pictures it looks very sweet.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I have never seen one in person but the pics of it look awesome.

I think I remember some people complaining about the tires turning white but I can't remember what the final outcome was :crying

G

·
I have the Silver version and have to say it is great regardless of the tires turning white. I would highly recommend it especially for the price you can get them for as late.

Mine has only been out of the box ~5 times as I have no room at present to display it.... it is my 5 yr olds favorite model which says alot...

I would give it a 9/10 overall...

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
That's a beautiful shot VR. I've seen the one that my friend keeps in his box. It the D2 version. I also noticed a slight bit of whitening on the tires though it didn't look that bad to me. The engine details looked awesome to me as did the interior.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I agree with vegasracer about the plasticky feeling:when you pick it up the body creaks. I have the DM version, paint is excellent on this model! The rear ride height was too high; I had to modify the suspension pull rods to fix it. As far the the tires turning white; I applied a thin coat of Future floor polish and then lightly wiped off the excess after a few minutes to tone down the shiny finish. I did this several months ago and so far the 'white' has not returned. I paid $160.00 US because the outside mirror had snapped off-it was an easy fix.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
AAR Gurney said:
I agree with vegasracer about the plasticky feeling:when you pick it up the body creaks. I have the DM version, paint is excellent on this model! The rear ride height was too high; I had to modify the suspension pull rods to fix it. As far the the tires turning white; I applied a thin coat of Future floor polish and then lightly wiped off the excess after a few minutes to tone down the shiny finish. I did this several months ago and so far the 'white' has not returned. I paid $160.00 US because the outside mirror had snapped off-it was an easy fix.
That's an awesome price you got it for AARG!! :cheers

G

·
I've got the 1997 Championship car. And yes the tyres do turn white, BUT you can use almost any tyre dressing on them. I spoke to someone at AutoArt(I believe it was Mark-I got the # from TMS) and that's what he told me to do. Of course try it on the inside of the tyres first to make sure the lettering doesn't come off-it shouldn't.

All the products that I use on my diecast are the same the I use on my car-AUTOGLYM

as only the best will do! Period!

http://www.autoglym.com/index2.html

FYI-the car has about a dozen coats of hardwax on it. :giggle

G

·
I got one
i have the silver version, i still plan to add the second one to my collection aswell

the car has some very good detail and nicelly finished, you wouldn't regret it buying one
i also have some problems with white tyre, but only on my right rear one
BTW anybody know how i can fix that?
i can always take some pics of the car

G

·
Vegasracer,

Do you have any problem with the graphic peeling off (rear windshield area)?

Mine is already peeling and I've just got this model. :crying

Seems like a decal rather than tampo-painted upon closer inspection...

I'm going to see if the seller will send a replacement. If not, I'm going to contact AUTOart customer service. I love this model. I'd rather have a replacement than a refund.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.