DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i got an older 1/18 9C1 Caprice and my 2002(?) Crown Vic today that i ordered off of ebay. man these things are great! i still have a few that havent come in yet but already i am in love with these things! i'll post pics as soon as everything comes in. anyone else collect these? if so please post pics!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Hi Low!

I love the authoritative style and the different graphics on US Policecars.
I got a huge collection in scale 1/87.

In 1/18 I do only collect 'black & whites' from California.

These are mine:

Camaro Z28 'CHP' [SunStar]
front
back

Ford CrownVic 'CHP' [MotorMax]
front
back

Ford CrownVic 'LAPD' [AUTOart]
front
back

'85 Ford Mustang 'CHP' [GMP]
back
door badge

and a Caprice 'Glendale Police' [UT] with selfmade pushbar and flashing lightbar (short vid cap)

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
oh man those are nice :cheers :nicejob ! the Caprice i have isnt a UT model, it is "custom made" and it shows when up close. but it displays very nicely and looks similar to yours save for the lightbar/push bar. what did you make the pushbar out of?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
love em! i just bought an NYPD one off of ebay from a guy who put blue/red lights in it. paid 165 for it. it should be here in the next couple of days. i cant wait! i got a 1/18 Asheville one in the mail yesterday and my 1/24 Hinsdale came just a few minutes ago. both just beautiful! thanks for posting that pic!

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I only got 3 police car.

(pictures are thumnails)

2 UT: Florida Highway Patrol & Metro Dade Florida

1 Maisto: NYPD

.... but I changed the rear light panel because the one that comes originaly is all red plastic...which look UGLY and non-realistic, so I took the rear panel of a Maisto Impala SS to replace it and make it look like the real thing:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
man that is nice Jeff! i havent seen the back of the Impalas so i am betting mine has that ugly red back end. oh well i'll do the same thing you did i guess. the one i got has actual working lights! i cant wait. heres the video of it:

http://media.putfile.com/MVC-005V-74

cool huh? man i cant wait. the guy i bought it from was really cool about ending the auction early. i paid $165 for it. i am also getting my Tennessee Highway Patrol 1/18 cruiser today. CAN'T WAIT!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DUDE! I NEED THAT VA STATE POLICE CRUISER!!!!!! i am picking up my Tennessee Highway Patrol Impala (1/18) tonight. i live like 25 miles from the VA border and i love their cruisers... i want...

very nice collection btw. congrats :cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.