DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Chevy Impala SS 510 Concept

This is the first time I have ever seen one of these before, and from the picture, I cannot tell if it is like the actual production version (for the most part) or not.

Any feedback would be great! :cheers

Photo from eBay auction
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Car

Attachments

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
i have, this is a model by AUTOart. atleast i think so, i think it only comes in black. although UT made them also, they came in burgandy, teal, and i think one more other color. the was at a steady 40 bucks US but then it went up like 30 bucks on the bay. now i think it went back down. anyone feel free to correct or add

edit- the actual production i have only seen in real life does not have the badge on the side and the rims are straight 5 point star alloy.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm not sure what AUTOart was modeling. I do remember there being an Impala SS concept car. I just don't remember it having this name :confused Anyway as P2E said, the only difference I can see between the model and production car are the wheels and badges.

I don't have the UT SS, but I do have a cop car which I would imagine would be similar. The only difference I can see (excluding what should be different based on the 1:1s) is that the AUTOart has 4 opening doors on realistic hinges. One thing I always found odd about the UT was that despite the rear doors not opening, they are not part of the body mold.

G

·
i would love to add this to my collectshon is AUTOart or Ky the best 1 to buy?
and also what is the diffrence from the ky and AUTOart Chevy Impala SS 510 Concept?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
This one is based on the Chevrolet Caprice. I have inspected this one and found the wheels to be two sizes too small. Nice model otherwise. It is from AUTOart's cheaper Contemparary range as the box indicates.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
My understanding when this came out was that it was meant to be the prototype/concept version of the Caprice based Impala SS while the earlier UT release was the production version. Apart from the different wheels and the opening rear doors, I'm not sure what the AUTOart version has over the UT (which I do have) as I've only seen pics of it online (I can't remember inspecting one in person) :cheers

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
You are right...this model is based on a car that the former head of GM Performance (Jon Moss) built. It is part of the "toy shop" collection that GM keeps of "concept" high performance vehicles that never quite make it to production. Maybe the 510 c.i. engine has someting to do with it. The collection includes cars like the late 90's Monte Carlo with RWD and an V8, or the SS Silverrado pickup with a standard size cab and six speed (instead of the production variant offered only with an extended cab and auto), or a late 90's ZL1 Camaro. Some may remember that car (Camaro)and the face off between the late 90's "Boss" mustang, built by cross town rival and peer, John Colotti of Ford SVT. The story was in Car in Driver. Both cars ran 10 sec qtr miles times.
I have it, and a teal colored UT "production" Impala SS, and both are good reproductions of the 1:1 cars. The scale also appears to be accurate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.