DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know or care to guess what scale and who makes the model on the pedestal? :lol

I don't know the answer to the question as I found the picture while surfing - it looks extremely large - larger than a 1:6 scale.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Darrick, I would think the most likely candidate would be a company called Amalgam. Check out their website. Although they now sell their products to the public, originally they mainly made models for sponsors, showrooms etc

I would venture that the model is no bigger than 1/6. It may even be a 1/8, which is one of the scales Amalgam work in nowadays, but it is perhaps a bit too small for a 1/8. Difficult to tell from the photo. Maybe they used to work in other scales too anyway.

Fantastic photo BTW, good find, and what a line-up.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Darrick....

Is it the original size or do you have the picture in larger size? I would like to use it as my screensaver, if you could send it to me..... :cheers

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I think the model is 1/6. It looks about 2 1/2 feet long which would be 15 feet in the 1:1. Sounds reasonable. 1/1/8 = 20 ft., 1/4=10ft. :cheers

That place is almost like a cathedral (notice the 250 GTO at the rear?). :hot

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What do you think the difference between 1:5 and 1:16 scale - a inch or two at the most? And that could be minimal depending on the models.

I'm not 100% sure which scale they are - I do know they are large.

What scale would you say the 250 in the background is :bounce

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I can't say for certain on the scale, but if you look I would say the length of the model is not far off double the size of the Enzo rim, and they're about the same distance away so perspective isn't distorting it much. That might give an idea of the model's length at least.

What other 1:1 cars do people reckon are in there. Obviously there's the Enzo and the F50 nearer the camera. I think that's an F40 rear wing you can see near the back. How about the one right in front of the camera?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.