DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
This is one of UT's more mystical releases.
The 1st edition McLaren LM was released in 3 colors.
99.99% of them was orange, some very few was dark blue and some VERY, VERY few was silver!
I've been offered extreme$$ for this model, but would never sell it even though I got two of them.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[/quote]

What was the offer? $1000 USD? That would be extreme indeed.

I've never seen a silver street version before. I wonder how rare it is... 200 pcs, perhaps?
[post="344560"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

The offer was well over that and I've heard rumours form a friend who used to work at PMA that the number was below 100 as it was not suppoused to be produced in silver or blue at all.
I've seen 4-5 blue ones and 2 silver in the last 7 years.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here you are.
This one belongs to a friend of mine.
For some period of time ago some years back, I saw 2-3 of them at Henley's in London, I bought the orange one and a green roadie instead. Not so smart!

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Alright,
I'll try to help you guys a bit.

Below is a list of the UT Mac that were released in North America in 1/18 scale:

26001 - Silver
26002 - Black
26003 - Green
26006 - Orange
and 26011 - the GTR Roadcar in Black.

Out of those colors, the rarest in North America is the Green one. This is the one that North America received the least of. Then it's the Black color.

As for the Blue one, well that model is the hardest one to find since it was never brought in to the North American market and it was a VERY limited run, sold only in Europe. The exact quantity has never been released.
Obviously, they are all becoming extremely rare now and their value is always increasing but the blue one is the most difficult one to find by far, especially in North America.

By the way, this info is for North America only. Other countries might of received more of another color and less of another, so it is hard to say which one is the hardest one to find (other then the blue one).
:cheers

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Info is good but to clarify one error!
The SILVER LM is much rarer than the Blue LM.
The silver - 26001 is the regular F1 roadcar and not the LM.

Also we have 4 different versions of the Orange LM and 2 different versions of the 4 first GTR's

26002 is not black, but gun metal grey.
26011 is not GTR but GT

G

·
That is some very interesting info.

Yes, the silver LM was also never released in NA and is probably much rarer then the blue one but the black one was sold under number 26002 in NA. Maybe in other countries it was sold under another number but my reports show this number matching with the black one. I will double check to make sure that my info is correct.
Also, I am speaking from a Manufacture's point of view and not a collectors, so yes, you are right to say that there was 4 different variations of the orange and 2 different versions of the first GTR's but as a manufacture, we only made the orange, gunmetal silver, green, silver, and the black longtail. The LM's were very, very limited ed. that were exclusive to Europe.
The different variations were done to improve the model but in our eyes there was only one model made for each color. But for a collector, there was 4 different orange ones. I will not argue that point.

I appologize for the confusion.

:cheers

G

·
[
26011 is not GTR but GT
[post="344645"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

I have not sold these in many years now so I am going off my sales reports and item 26011 is shown as a McLaren F1 GTR Roadcar 1997 (balck)(longtail).

As for item 26002 this one was gunmetal silver as you mentioned and not black.

Unless I have had some major internal problems with my reports, this should be accurate for the North American market.
I will still double check this info to be sure.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
haha, no I can assure you it ain't!

That one is made in over 1000 pieces, the silver one I posted is max a couple of hundreds, probably waaaay less. The blue 1:18 LM is also rarer than the 1:43 West #8

The reason West 1:43 sells for such a high ammount is because it was made exclusively ny Minichampe even though they have not permission to use the WEST on that model. It was never meant for the open marked, but happens to be one of the most popular Minichamps.

Here's mine!

And an even rarer 1:18 Mac. This is the rarest!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts