DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know sometimes with 1:1 cars, the first model-year for all-new cars sometimes results in a lot of bugs that have to be worked out and subsequent model-years are better in quality. Is this true of diecasts? :feedback

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
That's a very good one.........

:confused .....well if you think of the AUTOart Mercedes EVO II, some have mentionned that there was a spelling mistake on the engine.....mine seems to be from a new batch because mine's fine.

Also I got hood hinges that looks like the 1:1, no "dog legs"....I think I understood that it was a new feature as some of the EVO don't have that feature.....but I could be wrong....

G

·
It depends.

As jeff used the Evo as an example, its obvious that the mispelling was corrected, so yes in that case.

However, when you look AUTOart's racing line of Porsche, only thing changed on those from the original GT3 R was the livery and the placement of the antenna on some of them.

However, the GT3 R was upgraded to include new lights and no doglegs, not to mention the deleted mesh.

Some Ertls have been rereleased from old molds, no changes in them.

I guess it just all depends on the exact model as it isn't an automatic for new releases on old molds.

G

·
In the early versions of the UH Porsche 917K Martini ('71 LM winner), the tyres were marked as GoodYear, quite a joke given the Firestone stickers on the lower bodywork!
I recently bought one of these, in which this gross error is no longer present, the tyres now marked with the correct Firestone letterings.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I have noticed that on some Exotos, te ride hieght is much better on later releases than on the first one in a seies.
It happened with the Chaparral 2 and the GT40's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts