DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This week end I saw this

View attachment 21431

Very nice collection of art cars 1/18 and 1/24 even if the Calder and the Stella were missing.

I really like the Chia E36 GTR and the Nelson E30 DTM.

View attachment 21432

View attachment 21433

View attachment 21434

The Wahrol M1 is also nice

View attachment 21435

I was surprised by how good the LMR looks like.

View attachment 21436

I know that I am a P-nut, but if one day I really have money and all the Porsches I want, I will surely get one of these... maybe the Chia or the Nelson or the Calder...

By the way, I found this « collection » in the entrance hall of this
View attachment 21437

Which is near this building in Munich... It was my trip of the week-end...

View attachment 21438

First I was afraid not to get in this museum because it was closed when I came at 10am. But some people said : « come at 7pm, there is a party. ».. I said « why not ! ».
So I came back at 7pm and I discovered that the party was the celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the BMW 3 series (and also the 25th of the GS motorbike) !!! :danbana :danbana

That was really cool (even though rain was also invited...). There were film projections (I got stuck on the M3 GTR's one...) and the museum was full of 3 series of all generations (and motorbikes). There was a dinner with beer and everything. People could also win a ride in a 3 serie BMW. I won a ride in a E30 and E46 but unfortunately I was unable to do it as I had a train to catch to come back home :ranting !

But I was really glad !!! This was an awesome surprise.
And another surprise was to see this
View attachment 21439

View attachment 21440

:tongue :tongue it has made me want this model... but after some minutes and ten pictures, I remembered I am still a P-nut and not a B-nut... even though I like this brand...

View attachment 21441

Little detail : the official BMW Museum is closed till 2007 for renovation (it is the round grey tower at the foot of the « four cylinder » headquarters on the picture above). The one I saw is also official but a lot smaller. It is just for replacement till the end of the renovation of the big one. So if you plan to go there, wait at least 2 years if you want to see the whole collection.

I hope you liked my "report" of the week-end !!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I am a P nut..... but I am certainly moving towards a B nut :giggle

Awesome shots Thomas, those artistic models are a real beauty... (well ok, not all)

:tempted :tempted :tempted

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that an E34 535i I spy in the first photo ?.

Any chance of a close up picture of that please ?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Those are beautiful car you have there! I am just as big of a BMW nut as you are. I have a model of every type of BMW car made. I have a preference for the M3's though!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.