DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1961 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato ...by Yat Ming

One of the four models I got today on my birthday..... :yahoo

I gotta say that the model didn't attract me at first when I knew it was made by YW.... after seeing a couple of pictures of it before its release, I was very not sure about me getting one....but I gotta give a "Kill Sticker" to Roadstermatt on this one.

Of course it's a low budget model, but it's a nicely done one. The paint is great and very shiny. The detail I like the most on this budget is the great chrome job.

I can't believe that YM is able to put nice looking chrome on a $20-30 model when you still have silver paint on normal ERTL and have to buy an $60 Elite model to find chrome on an ERTL model !!!

The bottom of the rear end is...weird looking. Looks like it's missing something where the exaust is....didn't do any research on the 1:1 so I don't know if it's accurate or not so I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

The hood gap (toward the front) is relatively big and the trunk is sealed....but the front grill is nicely done. Engine is nice...I've seen worst on much expensive model.

It's a very light model....kinda like sealed AUTOart.

+

-Great flawless paint
-Chrome trimming
-No door doglegs
-Front grill
-Nice engine for a budget model

-

-No side windows
-Sealed trunk
-Very light model
-Rear-end's bottom is weird looking....might check for accuracy...
-Might be a bit high on wheels (from the profil view)

Verdict
A great "bang for the bucks" model. This Aston will fit any collectin, AM fans or not. 7/10

****THUMBNAILS****

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Cuda Jeff said:
1961 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato ...by Yat Ming

I can't believe that YM is able to put nice looking chrome on a $20-30 model when you still have silver paint on normal ERTL and have to buy an $60 Elite model to find chrome on an ERTL model !!!
CJ, someone has been taken advantage of you if you are paying $60 for an Ertl Elite! :giggle

The Elites' MSRP has been $32.95 and most can be found for less than $25. :confused
ALL of my Ertl Authentics have chrome and most can be found for around $40 and I have yet to see one go for $60. Or are we talking Canadian $?

Nice pics, BTW! :cheers

G

·
acisne said:
ALL of my Ertl Authentics have chrome and most can be found for around $40 and I have yet to see one go for $60. Or are we talking Canadian $?
that is a very interesting point, Canadian money vs US, there's just a few dollards more, 20$ us is about 24$ can, but everywhere i searched over the web the same model in us sold to canada doubles in price and i am not talking freights.....

:silly:

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:iagree ...I saw a few websites selling the Authentics around $60 CDN and Elite around $50 CDN. Even us cannot sell them under $55 or we make no profit at all!!!

I saw the Authentic 1985 Chevy Monte Carlo around $75.

G

·
Thanks for sharing the pics - possibly the most detailed pics I have seen of this model.

I will admit, this model has grwon on me since first seeing it. If it came in red, I could possibly sneek it in with my Ferrari collection :lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.