DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting an Aston Martin DB9 and Vanquish model.

I did some quick research and really like the Minichamps 1:43 Vanquish in green. I also like the DB9 in blue. Any thoughts on these models (all colors) for those who own them or have seen them? I have quite a few Minichamps models and love them all so this is where I'm leaning. Also, space is a premium for me.

I also saw that Bburago makes the Vanquish in green; can anybody comment on this one? What's the detail/quality like?

Lastly, are there any other model brands I should check out?

Thanks in advance! :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Minichamps Vanquish is not a very good model, the proportion isn't right and it's basically the same mold as the one they used for the James Bond version. I would go for the IXO version, it's cheaper and supposedly better in proportion. The DB9 is a very nice model on the other hand, highly recommended!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys, especially about the Minichamps Vanquish; that's really too bad.
I figured I'd ask about the Bburago as there are a few on eBay now quite cheap.

As much as I like the blue Minichamps DB9 I like this red better. I wonder if Minichamps will be making it:

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I'd go for the Minichamps 1:43 DB9 in blue. The Bburago Vanquish is 1:18. If you're looking for the 1:18 Vanquish, I'd pony up the dough for the BSG Vanquish. :mine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Solido Aston Martin DB9 is already out. Go to Grandprixlegends.com to get one for 20 British pounds - pretty cheap, I think.

It's a 1:18, by the way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks for the info! The Solido ones look really nice, and having the coupe in green and "Volante" in red is perfect. And yes, the price is reasonable.

I think we may have a winner! :happy (Along with the blue Minichamps DB9)

Speaking of Minichamps, GPL.com has 1:18 Minichamps DB9's listed. Hmmmmm... But, I love the colors of the Solido models.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haven't you thought about this one???
Aston Martin DB9 (Black), 1:43 Minichamps.

I have it and highly recommend it!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Beanstalk are to release two DB9's in 1:18th. I would save your money and wait for them. They are going to £19.99 and surely one of the nominations for 'best budget model 2005'

Minichamps 1:43rd DB9's are brilliant. The silver and blue one is becoming harder to find, with the black following suit. I'm sure Minichamps will release a few more in different colours. :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
modelman said:
Beanstalk are to release two DB9's in 1:18th. I would save your money and wait for them. They are going to £19.99 and surely one of the nominations for 'best budget model 2005'

Minichamps 1:43rd DB9's are brilliant. The silver and blue one is becoming harder to find, with the black following suit. I'm sure Minichamps will release a few more in different colours. :cheers
Thanks for the info modelman!

It's good my $$$ flow is low right now. :giggle I'll get the blue Minichamps DB9 and wait to see what happens with the Beanstalk DB9's.

carros said:
Haven't you thought about this one???
Aston Martin DB9 (Black), 1:43 Minichamps.
I looked at the black Minichamps DB9 and do like it (especially with the beige interior), but the blue really jumped out at me when I saw it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts