DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Along with my 575 GTC, I got this little number today. Since I saw the Audi Le Mans Quattro concept car I wanted a model of it and the R8 model is the closest (and very close at that) thing I'll get to it.

The quality and detail are comparable to that of the recent BMW models so if you decide to buy it, you'll be getting a very good model. I like how theres a little switch that lifts up the engine cover slightly so it's easier to lift it up altogether with the little implement provided. However there are a few concerns about the model, you should be aware of.

Pros
  • Virtually faultless metallic paint, metal flakes are tiny
  • Mesh grilles
  • Interior detail is very sharp
  • Tiny details improve the model generally such as the switch that lifts the rear spoiler
  • Wheels and brakes are very well rendered
Cons
  • Though it looks nice, the engine detail doesn't look as complete as that of other recent Kyosho models
  • Some QC issues with glue application
  • The brake discs are almost "too realistic" they (or at least partly) are made from steel and you can tell this by a slight amount of rust on them but some sort of lubricant is on them, presumably to retard the rusting.
This is the first Audi road car model I've bought and of course, I'm very happy with and hopefully I'll get an RS4 later this year though its sister car (my AUTOart Lamborghini Gallardo) can keep it company for now. :giggle

I think that on the whole, Kyosho did a very good job making this model and I'm sure it'd make a good addition to your collection too, especially if you like something a little different in it.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Nice review of it. I am not going to get it for 2 reasons mainly:

#1 - don't like look of the car (most people seem to like it tho)

#2 - don't want to go down on Audi slippery slope. It all starts out with 1 model, then you get 1 more to "keep it company", then you have to get the whole family. No sir, don't want another row filled up with Audis. :giggle

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Nice review :cheers I was waiting for someone to buy it :giggle I hated the R8 at first but I like it more and more time I see it. I was going to get tis blue but it looks really, really blue. Almost purple. :confused

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Congrats! It looks fantastic!

I also like the fact we are seeing more Audi models in the 1/18 market since last year. As far as recent line up goes, there are just as many Audi models as BMW models. Good trend for me!

:giggle

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I don't know if I like the 1:1 or not. It reminds me too much of the TT, not that is a bad looking car, but it kind of spoils the "new flavor" for me. An there's also that stripe behind the B pillar, that is totally wrong. Maybe the all black car, if that stripe is CF, will look better because it won't show so much.

But the model looks pretty decent. :nicejob
Would you have any shots of the engine?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
No argument from me either. these plastic or metal covers over engines these days really do take away the eye candy. I think that despite their recent loss of style with bodywork design, Ferrari still know how to make a good looking engine bay. Perhaps Audi and the other German manufacturers can take a leaf out of Ferrari's book.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.