DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished this Maisto Audi TT. No Mods, just detail painting. My wife brought it home from Goodwill for $1. A couple parts had broken loose and it was as dusty as the Mohave desert. Scanning over the posts last night I saw a red one that someone had mod'd with wings, a splitter and Porsche wheels and it looked fantastic! This is number 84.

G

·
cobalt,

Thanks for sharing your models with us.

I do need you to stop uploading the picture your using as a signature post every time you post. Your killing my servers with the same the picture over and over again.

You will need to upload the picture to a free host and then place it in your signature instead of uploading it on every post.

thanks

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sorry Derrick, I will definitely stop using the signiture picture. I don't know how to upload it to a free server and use it as a signature, I'm a neophyte. . .
I apologize if I caused any problems. . .

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Cobalt, it's very easy. Go to http://photobucket.com and open an account. It's free and their service is top notch. Save your pics there and you then can use it as a host for your signature (Go to "My controls" and then "Signature").

And that TT looks sleak! What did you do to the engine?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
WOW, you can't beat a Maisto for $1! It looks great, Cobalt! :cheers

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind words. She got me a Lexus SC-430 for $1 at the same time. I just got a set of 6 1:18th 'Dub' wheels off of Ebay that I'm waiting on. I'm going to tuck a pair of them under the Lexus. I've never used the big 'rollers' before for this will be a new experience.
LUW, I might need more detailed help in getting a signature tag uploaded, but first I want to get a good one. The one's you guys have are great. As for the engine in the TT, it's just a one piece insert. There isn't much you can do to it besides detail painting. . .

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
coblat1959

Opening up a Photobucket is free, but for $25 per year you can get a premium accout with no monthly bandwidth limits.

To post a signature is easy, just follow the pics below

But please bear in mind the DX guideline for signatures (image size = 610 pixels x 150 pixels file size less than 50k

Even better, if you have got Photoshop, change the Color mode to 'Indexed Color' and save as a Gif file, you could then have a transparent background like mine

Ken

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Nice work cobalt!! :nicejob :nicejob The Maisto car does look very nice. A year ago, I bought a Revell TT (hardtop) for my Dad's retirement (as a gag gift). I've heard a few DX members say the interior of the Maisto looks better all in all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.