DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
7,104 Posts
i like the new Vanquish a lot, also this volcano red looks very good on it. this was also my first of the composite models from AUTOart. its a pretty good model all around, but it could be a but cheaper though.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Lovely pics! Can't say I've seen that many red ones out there. I've got the bronze one and absolutely love it. Thanks for sharing!

·
Administrator
35,201 Posts
I think it looks great! But I do agree with Alex, the price could be cheaper. I do quite fancy one though, so if it ever goes in a sale, I'll probably get one.

·
Administrator
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay, after having this model for 5 yeas i noticed something.

the door cards on the passenger side is for the selene bronze Vanquish :S
luckily they had a spare door card for the red Vanquish at autoartspares.com which i bought.

now fixed.

while i had it it taken apart anyway, i upgraded the headlight projectors to look more realistic and better.

·
Registered
320 Posts
That Selene Bronze door card is so random. Glad you were able to get it changed - that would have probably bugged me quite a bit.

What exactly did you do to the headlight cluster? It looks like you added material or changed the colour of the black portion in front of the actual lamps. I was also thinking that you changed the lens cover as there is less reflective glare, but that could just be your lighting.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks for the answer, and sorry for the belated response! I was focused on the dark area in front of the lamps, and didn't think to look at the lamps themselves. It's a subtle difference, and it does look a bit better in the photos. I'm guessing that it's more noticeable in person?

·
Administrator
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
they come with the dark area in the front painted from the factory, so you dont need to paint it yourself :)

the projectors on the other hand is just clear plastic and doesnt look like much. having painted them, it is a pretty noticeable upgrade when looking at in person.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.