DiecastXchange Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts
I tried the nailpolish remover on a broken model with decals and I figured they were a bit too agressive.

I managed to "erase" the decals but they also took away a bif of paint from de model around the edges.

Did you use the one with or without acetone?

Now I'm a little afraid to use on my Nismo SR.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
I tried the nailpolish remover on a broken model with decals and I figured they were a bit too agressive.

I managed to "erase" the decals but they also took away a bif of paint from de model around the edges.

Did you use the one with or without acetone?

Now I'm a little afraid to use on my Nismo SR.
i have both, but i actually used the one with acetone on the Nismo R34 without problems.
i also tried it on a R33 and it did take a little bit of the paint on the edges on the front lip.

Discussion starter · #46 ·
it is easy to mess things up, but some models are easier than others to work with.
for example the AUTOart Skyline R33 is much harder than the AUTOart Skyline R34, for some reason..

well i guess the best thing is the be patient and step carefully, to avoid breaking stuff :)

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.