DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
My must add model for 2014 is finally on my hands, my long awaited Autoart Pagani Huayra.. I have always been a big fan of Horacio Pagani and his range of "Hypercars", the amount of attention to details and the build quality that Horacio puts into his cars are just simply amazing after seeing the Huayra on the mega factory program that really made me appreciate these cars that much more...

So far there are 2x Autoart Zonda R's, 2x BBR Huayra's, 1x GT Autos Huayra, 1x Mondomotors Huayra, and now this Autoart Huayra in my model collection.. Well I guess you guys can start to call me a HuayraNut soon :) I guess I can't get enough of the Huayra's at the moment.

The Autoart Zonda R's that I have in my collection are one of my favourites of all, and it was natural for me to see what Autoart have up in their sleeves for the Pagani Huayra..

Quick info on the model:
Brand: Autoart
Scale: 1/18
Series: Signature
Price: RRP USD $349.9

This Pagani Huayra's packaging is still packaged in the usual Autoart's boring "signature" series box, so I did not bother taking photo of the box. So what are the contents inside?
- the Huayra itself
- little plastic bag with a small screw driver with 2x side mirrors
- vehicle description booklet of the car
- instruction sheet

After unscrewing the Huayra from the base, I start to fit the Huayra's signature side mirrors (it was said that the shape of the mirrors were inspired by the eyes of a beautiful lady). If you have owned the Autoart Zonda R's you guys probably know that the mirrors were screwed on, however with the Huayra the mirrors were just plugged in, when you fit yours remember to take extra caution, it's quite tight to fit all the way down, whatever you do just don't break them..

Mirrors now fitted and left me with a tiny screwdriver wondering it's purpose, and after looking at the instruction sheet that to open the front canopy and the rear engine hood, you will need to remove two tiny screws under the front canopy, and two other screws securing the engine hood. The 4 tiny screws are just used as transport/delivery screws so the canopy and hood does not open during delivery of the model, nice touch..

Now a first look at the AUTOart Huayra, I really like the new front splitter on the AUTOart version, it certainly makes the Huayra look much more aggressive.. The white that you see is pearl white, it glitters nicely under the right lighting conditions..

The stance of this Huayra model was captured rather well...

I decided to go with the pearl white version, as the white verion also has carbon roof and two tone sides, and it looks nice with good contrast, while the silver version doesn't have as much details.. The body lines are quite vivid just like the real thing..

The doors open smoothly without much fuss, and gull wing doors stays up ok...

Apart from the fuel filler lid that can't be opened, the rest can be opened without much trouble, however the rear engine hood can only be opened once the front doors are opened up first.. and the rear engine hood stays open with no problem... Also there's working spoiler panels front and rear, all stays up once opened.. What blew me away was that once everything's open you can see carbon patterns/finishes are carried into the inner panels and details. Also both side of the luggage compartment can be opened and you will find tiny luggage cases inside.. 1x large 2x small cases on either sides.. This shot reminds me of Transformers : )

Now a shot of the rear end of the Huayra, the exhaust tips are turned metal pipes, the mesh of the air vents are well done throughout the car..

It's not easy to shoot this Huayra's engine, however I tried my best to take a shot for you guys.. The details of the engine are not bad, I really like the way Autoart mimic burnt purple colour on the titanium exhaust system with Pagani logos... Also worth to mention that there are working pivot type suspension that are also found in Zonda R's, the fronts also work as well..

After having owned 2x BBR Huayra's I told myself the Autoart is gonna have a hard time matching the interior details of the BBR version.. however after seeing whats for offer by AUTOart, I was pleasantly surprised. Here you can see the carbon details are carried on even on the inside of the chassis panels. The chrome parts that mimic the real car's alloy finished parts are quite authentic..

Now a close up of the cockpit, and I immediately noticed that Autoart has missed out the Pagani logo on the SRS/horn pad on the center of the steering wheel, bad, very bad... apart from that, the rest are pretty well executed..

The seats are just painted, it does look realistic though..

The last shot of the Huayra..

So, you guys gonna ask me this question, what do I think about this model? Well, at first the 300 over USD price tag really puts me off from getting it, however for the love I have for the Pagani Huayras, it was just a matter of time before I add it into my collection anyways.. Luckily I had some of my unwanted models on consignment sold by my local hobby shop, so I didn't fork out extra cash for this Huayra model.. Now after doing this review, I can see that there are a lot of engineering work that went into this particular model, I mean A LOT.. Please do not think that I'm trying to say this in favour of Autoart's justifications in price rises, I'm just saying this as a guy who appreciates engineering beauty of the real Pagani Huayra and how AUTOart would have a hard time trying to mimic all the opening features similar to the real thing..

Is this a model for all the collectors? No, definitely not! Firstly, I think that this model is designated for the collectors who normally collects the high end resin models like offerings from BBR or MR now wants something with opening features/details and which the model can pose in different articulations that doesn't cost as much as high end resins. Secondly, this is a model for the diehard Pagani Huayra fans, if you are not a real fan of the Huayra and who appreciate engineering beauty of the real thing, you can forget about this Autoart offering. The GT Autos Huayra version can do just about the same job of having the Huayra alike stance on your display at 1/3 of the cost..

Do I regret getting this AUTOart Huayra? No, however if I have to pay the RRP for this with no discounts? you can count me out.. Thank god the prices in Taiwan are still pretty resonable at the moment :)

Autoart Pagani Huayra in a nutshell:

For:
-the updated front splitter spoiler that comes with this model
-reasonable paint finish with pearl white paint effect
-realistic stance with working suspension
-nice contrast of exterior colour scheme, carbon pattern and pearl white
-decent interior finish similar to that of BBR offerings
-the opening features including the working front canopy
-the carbon details are carried on the inside of the panels

Against:
-steering wheel center logo missing!!!
-the rear spoiler fins have very limited opening angles
-I would have hoped that AUTOart did a similar finish on the rims like GT Autos, the alloy chrome look
-the carbon ceramic discs doesn't look as good/realistic as BBR or MR resin offerings..
-come on Autoart, since you guys have bothered to make the front canopy open, why not also make the fuel lid an opening feature as well?
-as always, no tyre sidewall script, "P Zero", even GT Autos has them on their models..

Carnut review result:
8.8 out of 10, only for the diehard Huayra fans that this is a must have model of 2014..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Very nice and detailed review. I didn't realize these had bee released already. I look forward to getting mine soon, though I'm not sure the color that I'd prefer. Do you know when the other colors (red and bronze) might be coming out?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Thanks for the review, I was going to buy this straight away but I might wait a bit. Looks awesome but not as good as I thought it would be

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Zonda R Autoarts still better...:)

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Nice review :)

Model looks pretty good. AUTOart really should have put a tan interior in it though. Would have looked so much better.

Thanks for sharing this with us :)

·
Administrator
34,167 Posts
Fantastic review & pics there, very well done. I'm not a fan of the real car, so the model is not something I'll be looking at. Apart from that thanks for the great review.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Great review, thanks!!! Very nice photos to go along with the review!

The model does look great, but the black interior is a disappointing. I honestly think it cheapens the whole look of the model. You loose any detail that would otherwise be there with a tan or red interior. I feel like the interior is from a $100 GT Auto model, not a $300 AUTOart model. I have to be honest in saying the black interior turns me off completely from buying the model. It ruined the model for me. It is a shame, because the rest of the model looks great.

Congrats on the new model, and I am glad you enjoy the model.

·
Registered
9,417 Posts
Nice review and thank you for it, as I am still unsure what to do with the Huayra, I want a model of it but I am not sure how much of a money commitment I want to make, this helps as I will have to hope there are other autoart versions with interior diversity.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Great review, thanks!!! Very nice photos to go along with the review!

The model does look great, but the black interior is a disappointing. I honestly think it cheapens the whole look of the model. You loose any detail that would otherwise be there with a tan or red interior. I feel like the interior is from a $100 GT Auto model, not a $300 AUTOart model. I have to be honest in saying the black interior turns me off completely from buying the model. It ruined the model for me. It is a shame, because the rest of the model looks great

Congrats on the new model, and I am glad you enjoy the model.
Thanks for your comment preisman, yes I do agree with you for the tan interior, as for my case all my other 4 Huayra's all have pretty much the Tan interior, so I didn't mind the black interior at all, infact if you get to see the model in real life, the alloy look "chrome" actually stands out rather well with black interior...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Thanks for your detailed review mate, it is very informative. What was the number on the certificate for your model?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Great review :)

In your opinion, was the detailing on the Zonda better than this huayra, or has AUTOart really taken a big step forward in their build process as self proclaimed by them??

Some how i don't see much difference between this and the other standard AUTOart signature models :(

·
Testa Rossa
337 Posts
great review. was very helpful. thank you.

i really want it, but i want it in Bronze with shiny finish on the wheels instead of this flat finish.

Model looks good, but definitely it is not benchmark as Autoart did with the ZONDA R, which was a spectacular model.

This is good, may be 260~280$ worth IMO, but not 350$.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Thank you for the detailed review.

It looks like a really nice model, however i'm not really into the Huayra, so i'll be passing on this one.

Congrats on your add!

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Thanks for the great review and great pictures!

But I have to ask, are the shut lines really that wide on the model (I know that sometimes pictures make them worse than they are).

1 - 20 of 73 Posts