DiecastXchange Forum banner

AUTOart 1:18 Z06 (C6) lowered and sticky seats fixed

7K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Gavin 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
i decided to lower this model, and while i were at it, i fixed the sticky seats too, using tanayast's guide.

before:

now:

the C6 is stock, but might get same treatment at some point.

i soaked the seats in dish soap and cleaned with a toothbrush, to get the sticky layer off. then painted with Tamiya flat clear, and this is how it looks:

See less See more
#14 ·
I love your new ride height, was it hard to lower the car? I'm afraid of undertaking this as I was thinking of selling my Z06 and not wanting to damage any of it.
i would advise you not to try, if you isnt used to disassemble AUTOart models, then cut, grinding and regluing them. its easy to ruin the model if you dont know what you are doing. you should start with a cheap AUTOart model if you should want to try it out.

#20 ·
Thanks for the sticky seat remedy Alex SV.....I thought of putting a clear coat of "something" on them but was afraid to cause a total meltdown of the seat material thru some chemical reaction, : ).....glad it worked so well.

Your work looks great........

#22 ·
I think it's still a nice model. Yours does look nice lowered.

I actually managed to get a Red one, the seats are ok(ish) but one is ever so slightly sticky, but nothing major at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.