DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I'm not a big fan of sedans, but I like this one (I think it's partly that beast of an engine). It looks like AUTOart did a good job on this...nice interior, the front end looks particularly good, and I love the color. Congratulations, Jeff!

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I have the same car, Jeff and in the same color :cheers

You know, I have a habit of seeing something I like, then if I find a good deal on it I end up buying it.

I will admire it for a few months, maybe a year and then decide that there is something else that I would rather have.

I thought that would happen with this car but I still really enjoy it :confused

I guess this is my long winded way of saying NICE CAR! :giggle

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I got me a black one a while ago. I really like it, I just wish there were more VW models in this level of quality.

As much as I like it, I still don't understand who would buy a $80K VW. I haven't seen any on the street :giggle

G

·
I have a black one, will eventually get blue.

As for the 1:1 I just read on Tuesday people can order them thru next February and they will be gone from the US in May of 06. Sales were down 52%. They are still going to keep it in Europe where sales are very high.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Now that's one of my favorite models, both in 1:18 and 1:1. I have the AUTOart in silver, and I love it! As for the 1:1, I'm very partial to the diesel (might be a lil' subjective here, as I'm currently driving a 2001 Passat TDI), that packs a very impressive torque at low RPM and overall excellent performance at the expense of lower fuel consumption.

Congrats on this one, Jeff! :cheers

G

·
i think if VW gave a 1:18 version for every purchase of the Phaeton, the sales would improve dramatically :giggle

It's a very nice effort by AUTOart.

Congrats!

:cheers

G

·
Awesome pictures of a gorgeous model. :nicejob I have the silver one, and it's one of my favorites. Your interior shots are great. If you don't mind me asking, how do you take those pictures? Are you using macro? In a lightbox? Thanks.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
All I do is using the macro mode and a mini tripod. I select the "A" function and adjust the lightning from the camera.

Mox: I'm not a big fan of sedans neither (well it depends which) and especially this VW, the engine and the fact that I got it on sale justifies it's presence in my collection....maybe I'll get to like it as the time go by....

Mattdesign : I don't understand neither who would buy a $80K VW. I don't even think that VW sell this model here in Quebec...if so...never seen it!

....to everybody : Thank you for your kind comments :cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts