DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i had seen the Altezza i knew right away i wanted it to be in white. but i couldn't find one finally i seen one on ebay for US 30 bucks and i knew i had to have it. :giggle .

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i've seen this car rip on Best Motoring International (not sure if it is Hot Version in other countries). i like the black housing headlights.

G

·
Has this got the same engine in it as the Lexus? What are the differences between the two models other than the name?

:cheers

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
the is300 has a v6 and the altezza has a 4 cylinder. the altezza also has side markers and the IS doesn't. also, there are reflectors on the front and back bumper of the IS and not on the Altezza. look t my pics for refrence. the interior is pretty much the same.

G

·
Thanks Ric and Prelude2Elude,

Is the engine in the Altezza a 2.0 4 cylinder turbo charged engine? We have the Lexus IS200 in Europe, but i believe this is a non turbocharged 6 cylinder engine (if i remember correctly).

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
I have heard of the IS200 before, but would be a little surprised of a 2.0 liter 6 cylinder engine. Anyone know for certain on this?

:feedback

G

·
Ric,

I've just checked an issue of 'What Car' magazine UK, and the IS200 has a cc of 1988, produces 153 bhp @6200 rpm, and 144lb/ft of torque @ 4400 rpm, and has 6 cylinders in-line.

Compact 6 cylinder engines are quite common over here. A number of manufacturers use them.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
sorry to dig this up, but i'll have to correct myself on this,
there are not Altezzas that come from the factory with a Turbo,

I just hitched a ride in a fren's Altezza RS200 6Spd, it was great fun...
The Toyota RS200 is a BEAMS 2 litre, 4 cylinder engine (it says, Tuned by Yamaha on the engine too)

The Lexus IS200, is a 2 litre, 6 cylinder engine (slower car though)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wow this picture is old. i still remember this and still have the car. i thought the IS300 came with a V6, while the Supra is Straight 6. I thought some of the GS300s had the 2JZ, atleast the JDM GS300 (Aristo) does according to the AUTOart i have.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just getting technical but it would be the GS400 with the 4.0L V8. The number in the name reflects the displacement, just as in BMW and Mercedes' alpha numeric naming systems. That and a 2.0L inline 6, while unusual, certainly isn't unheard of. Remember the Mazda MX-3 Precidia? It came with a 1.8L V6.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts