DiecastXchange Forum banner

AUTOart and Gate?

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  ricallen 
#1 ·
Can anyone elighten me on what the association is between AUTOart and Gate? I have seen a number of auctions listed on eBay that list the manufacturer as:

AUTOart/Gate

Thanks!

:feedback

G
#7 ·
Gate models are way below what UT or AUTOart contemporary line is .

If you look at any gate model (take the Porsche 996 for eg) you will see roughly the same detail on the exterior as I believe the same moulds are used , but interior detail is less and where the gate brand really lets itself down concerns their paint process .
Every gate model I own has been painted with the doors/boot/bonnet closed so when you open them up you will find the door shuts , bonnet shuts etc are bare metal and remain unpainted.
At least UT had the sense to fully paint the model inside and out .
This cost cutting by Gate means a cheaper model , but also a less desireable one too.

#10 ·
The big difference between AUTOart's models and Gate's is the details. Some cars, like a few Porsche models, use the same exact mold. The big difference will be the quality of the paint, wheels, carpet and interior detail. But if you dissamble both and strip the paint you will not be able to say which is which.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.