DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have to know one thing with this model- I absolutely love it right out of the box, but how on EARTH do I get the rear hatch off?

The instructions have me simultaneously pressing down and back at the same time and I cant get the damn thing to open if my life depended on it.

Help please. :cheers

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
On mine at least you just have to pull it up and away, lifting the middle part first (the most forward part) and then pull it off. It comes out easily, way easier then with the Maisto's.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I know what you meen, I unsrewed the chassis to figure it out! :pullhair While firmly holding the front of the car, pull the hatch straight back about 1/10 of an inch and then lift straight up on the rear of the hatch. You really have to forcibly lift it. Caution: be very careful not to break off the horizontal spoiler on the rear of the car! Also, on mine the tail pipes stick out slighly through the bottom of the hatch. This makes it even more difficult to open so try to get the hatch to clear these pipes when you first pull back on the hatch.

Getting the hatch back on is nearly as much fun. Again you basically have to force it down over the rear wheels.

Now that I think about it, unscrewing the rear of the chassis the first time you remove the hatch is not a bad idea!

G

·
I know this might be silly, just wanted to remind you that there are screws that you need to remove to get the cover off. Make sure you don't rip the decal on the engine cover, as found out the hard way...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I got the screws :giggle

But I just dont want to break the damn thing.

Thanks for all the help guys :cheers

G

·
Mine was a real pain to get off. I thought the car would break before it gave at all.

After getting it off the first time, I ended up filing the two tabs that fit under the roof way down. And yes, the decals are easy to damage. This was my first experience using decal softener.

It is a great car. Good luck getting it apart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.