DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this the same on everyone elses or just mine never noticed till today the stearing wheel is like a real car it makes about 2 and half turns for a full lock :confused or is mine broken?

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I read on some post here. AUTOart has extreme engineered the E30 to imitate the real thing right up to the steering lock to lock turn. Enjoy your gem without any doubt Shahel. :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a standard feature on the diecast, there's nothing wrong with it. AUTOart has actually install a never-ending rotating system so that there is no full left or full right lock practically, but there are always 2 complete turns of the steering wheel to make it turn from side to side. Cool :)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Interesting. Now I want the E30 even more :danbana
Strangely the newer 190E Evo II doesn't have this feature. It does have actual gears in the steering system though... :cool

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
As in my AUTOart M3 Sport Evo the steering wheel was not "straight" when the front wheels were straight, I resambled the model and made it correct. Interstingly, I saw this for the first time in this model, the sterring is enabled by steering worm gear and not by rack and pinion steering as in almost all models. Nice touch but difficult to make it correct.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Cool! :danbana
My UT Cozzie and Anson Miura also have a steering worm system, and in the Anson you can see how it works under the dashboard :cool

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Realistic steering wheel lock is a neat feature! As long as it doesn't add too much to the cost of the model!!! :giggle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts