DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The very earliest memory of seeing a car was seeing a Eggenberger RS500 on the T.V racing at Thruxton back in 1988 BTCC (Which Steve Soper won)
The Eggenberger team only competed in selected events in the BTCC, and finished 2nd in the ETCC behind the Schnitzer BMW's driver Raberto Ravaglia

I always wanted one in 1:18, tryed my best to get the Minichamps version but before i could get to it, they all sold-out :pullhair

So when i heard AUTOart was going to make one, i had to snap it up straight away, so i bought 1, and was given one by my dad, and now trading one with our good freind bernard (Burn).

Before it heads to Malta, have a look at these pictures.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

I know its staying faithful to the 1:1, but i really don't like these red stripes on the front lights, looks like the cars squinting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next to its road-car equivalent.

And along come's another car that Bernard will be reciving soon (Lucky isn't he :happy)
This is the BMW 635Csi ETCC from 1984, they are rather importantly linked (Apart from Bernard getting them Both).........

They were both built and run by Team Eggenberger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:happy

Nice shots there Dean :cheers

They look very nice, can't wait to see them in the flesh

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They do indeed look nice Bernard. I have the street versions of both of these and they are amongst my favourite models.

Don't worry about not getting the Minichamps model Deano, AUTOart/Biante did a better job from what i've seen.

These are both curious choices for you Bernard. I wouldn't have thought these would be models that you are intrested in.

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Are they? :confused

I am a sausage if they are :giggle

It just goes to prove, when discussing diecasts of racing cars I haven't got a clue what i'm talking about! :giggle
Just put me in a box and wake me up in the spring. :shipwrecked

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I've just been checking out the pics again Burny, and I think you did the right thing in getting hold of these.

Just out of curiosity, which models did you swap for these?

:cheers

·
Registered
477 Posts
My first ever model in Jan '15 this year. Probably the car that got me into motorsport in the first place...

Great model, and good value I think.

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
My first ever model in Jan '15 this year. Probably the car that got me into motorsport in the first place...

Great model, and good value I think.
Erm...this is a TEN YEAR OLD thread Mizen..... and Mr Vercetti left us many years ago!

Nice to know it brings back happy memories for ya tho'!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.