DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
595 Posts
Hey all!

About two weeks ago I ordered the Aston Martin DBR9 Plain body of the AUTOart website! Everything went fine until I got an email saying that the shippment wouldn't arrive from the China factory until early August. The asked me if I wanted to switch to a model of the same value, wait for the car, or geta refund. I chose to switch my order to the AUTOart Carrera GT which was a little bit more than the AM (AM was $67.95 and the CGT was $74.95). I told them that I would pay the difference. Almost 3 weeks have passed and still no answer. I emailed them 3 times already! :pullhair They still haven't snwered! Has anything like this happened to you when dealing with AUTOart online? Any advice on how I can clean up this mess? :confused I'm just pissed that I'm going on vacation in about 3 weeks and wanted my brand new AUTOart model to take with me! I'm pissed because I might not get the model until I come back or even worse... never! :help :dizzy

Any comforting words ( :lol ) would greatly be appreciated and can I get some help from my fellow DXers?

Thanks for your time,
George :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
I know Tom (F50-GT) from Halifax had one really good experience from them. He placed his order online and the car was shipped from Montreal. I think he did NOT have to pay taxes because the order went to Hong Kong. Shipping was via courier IIRC. It's pretty disconcerting hearing that you're not getting timely replies from their head office. I hope things start looking up for you shortly.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
George, other then pesking them with e-mails I don't think you can do much. Did you use a cc? If so, you could of course complain to your cc company.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Well, Gunther brought the Mini from Belgium to Spain on his vacation (with his wife I might add). He showed us some pretty stunning photos too! I impressed by his wife allowing him to bring the diecast along. Now there's a keeper of a wife!! :cheers

·
Banned
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm taking it so it can keep me company and so I don't get board! :lol It gets pretty lonely at the cottage one a rainy day! :giggle :cheers

Hope that it explains my strange 'phenominon' (check spellign on that!) :happy

·
Banned
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good news boys! :happy
AUTOart emailed me today saying that DBR9 shipment is coming next! I told them that I would wait for the car and it seems that everything is going to workd its self out! Can't wai to get thecar!

Thaks for everything guys! Your information you have given me will sure help me with future purchses from AUTOart. :cheers

Cheers,
George

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I'm sorry that you had problems and I'm glad that's ok now...

I've been dealing directly with AUTOart for 2 1/2 year and I never had any problem at all....always A-1 TOP service!

·
Banned
595 Posts
I think things just got messed up because I bought a car that wasn't in stock so things got confusing for both AUTOart and me! I guess that if I bought a car that hadn't recently come out (ie.porsche Carrera GT) there would not have been this problem! :cheers

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Good to hear about the outcome! :cheers But, I have a question, why do/did you buy it from AUTOart directly and not a diecast retailer?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.