DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Okay I'm not the review kind of guy to be honest, so this is more a photo review without scoring, I will say how I feel about points of interest & flaws if any, so bare with me.

What is on the plate, X2 1:18 Autoart millennium Nissan R32 GT-R Skylines, colours, gunmetal Grey & white, photos have been taken in natural sunlight & are unedited.
(3 100k photos, click to see)

Price: $98Au, $75us, $42uk, $61euro, & for our Canadian fans $87.50Can.

Packaging: Closed box with foam insert.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Paint: The white finish is very smooth & is a surprise to display, the gunmetal is a little flaky but catches the light well, may seem a little off colour due to this also, but in the right or no light looks the part.

Exterior: The seal lines are smooth, it has the doors windows which I do like, on the front they used plastic mesh for the front air intake instead of mesh, some have noticed the front lights a little off, but feel its not that bad, no dog leg door hinges, but they are used on the hood & trunk.

Interior: Very nice to look at inside, carpeted floor fabric look & feel seats.

Tires/Wheels/Brakes: As the 1:1 had 17" wheels the tires may look big to some on this model but they are to scale, the wheels look very nice as well as the brakes with the word Nissan on the callipers. "note: what looks to be a paint bubble on the door is not seen on the modle, not sure if this is a reflection of some sort"

Engine:Seems to look like the 1:1, which is great but you will notice the dog leg hinges, the hood stays open with the built in hood rod.

Uundercarriage: Is plastic but is finished nicely, with the chrome exhaust tip out back, brummmmmm brummmmmmmm.

Overall I am happy with my AUTOart Nissan R32 GT-R skylines, I do hope this was some help to collectors thinking about buying them.

The End

Review added to the DX Model Review Database on 3-OCT-2005

·
Registered
187 Posts
Great looks on those two! :hot

After seeing those pics of yours, the gunmetal one has just been promoted to my Top 5 whishlist! :giggle

:cheers

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Very nice additions Mike. :cheers
I got a few questions for you. Since AUTOart is making every other car a millenium addition, does this new one deserve that tag too? What I mean is, how good is this model compared to the Performance edition R34 model which is brilliant even now. Why I ask is because the Millenium editions have a huge premium compared to the Performance editions in my place. Besides the proper door windows and hinges, I find similar features on my R34. So is it worth paying the premium for the new models.

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Thanks for the photo review Mike! :happy

87.50CAD is a STEAL! We can't get that model for that cheap here :cry

But as you said in the right light, the gunmetal looks good, seems to display well in natural light.

I gotta gets myself one now... Come on stupid local store! :(

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
hahaha, now to wait for AUTOart to make a R32 GTR VspecII, in gunmetal. Initial D, here I come! :lol

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Thanks for the reply Mike. I would be paying 77$ for the model. There are some nice improvements on the model no doubt, like the drilled brake discs. I would be paying 65$ for the car if it was a Performance edition. Not a big difference. But 12$ would get me a nice 1:43 rally car here.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Mike, thanks for the review! :nicejob

I appreciate the time and effort you out into pieceing that together.

I have a couple of questions:

In the front grille shot of the white R32, what is it that sits behind the grille? It looked odd and a little offputting.

The R32's (according to my knowledge) had 16" wheels, the R33's 17", and the R34 18". The tyres look slightly too big a profile in your side-on shots. Would you say that is fair Mike, or does it look more accurate in the metal?

I know I go on abit about this car, but it is the release I have been waiting for for several years now. There is no other car that has been so keenly awaited by me (except maybe the Possum Bourne 1:18). I emailed Biante and AutoArt separately for many yeras agitating to get a 1:18 R32 GT-R made, and so now it has finally been released I am interested in noting every specific detail on them.

BTW, by the time it arrives at my local model shop, I will be paying somewhere between AU$110-$120, rather than AU$98....

Thanks Mike once again for the review. I sincerely appreciate it! :cheers

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
The Nismo version Mike means is a gunmetal car that externally can be differentiated by two rectangular air vents in the front bumper, an extra lip in the rear spoiler on the boot, and discreet side-skirts that form into a moulded section ahead of the rear wheels. See the photo of the gun-grey car here:

And the rear lip on the boot as an extra part of the rear spoiler (on the car on the right. The middle car is a normal GT-R)

If you have seen any Group A Touring car R32 GT-R race models, they have the Nismo body kit (and probably started life as Nismo cars). The Nismo cars are separate from the N1 releases, the S-Tune, and V-spec and V-spec II releases.

*Note: I have to state this again, but Mike altruistically traded his Ebbro R32 Nismo car for one of my dark blue cars. Mike, I have said thankyou before, but I just can't tell you how much it means to me. Thanks mate. :cheers

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Hi Andrew,

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner pal, I knew you would ask a few questions as I also share you love for the gtr :hot

Okay the think behind the grile is the hood latch, no idea why its so big :confused but on display I cannot see it as it sits just below eye level.

I thought the wheels size was 16" and option17" on some R32s "must be the after makert ones then" 17" R33 & 18" R34 but I do take your word & I stand corrected on that.

Well I payed $98 & that also had the GST in it, they must charge for part postage or something where you buy from.

Like I said I am no reviewer, but glad it was some sort of help to you.

:cheers

P.S. like I said I was gald to help you out my good buddy on that NIZMO, but I also got a great little dark blue R32 that was in far better shape than the NIZMO.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Mike, it was a pleasure for that dark blue one. You did me the favour!!!

That bonnet latch is incredibly large, isn't it. Hmmm... :confused

I have been thinking about wheel sizes, and I think that the V-spec cars had 17" wheels. So no, I stand corrected! :giggle

Thabnks again for marvellous pics and a great little review!
Anders :cheers

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No problem at all Andrew.

Now I see AUTOart have listed 2 V-spec cars & the NIZMO as well as the NIZMO S-tune :happy

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Ahhhhhh!!!!!

I can't believe it!!!! All of my dreams (and financial nightmares) are coming true!!! :help

The AUTOart R32's have just turned up at my local. They are AU$120 each. :help: As a consequence, it is going to be a long time before I am able to bring them home. Lay-by it is. A very long layby, when I factor in those two, a silver Ebbro R34 GT-R V-spec II, plus an upcoming raft of 1:43 Toyota F1 cars.

Mike, if you can spare me any new pictures of your R32 beauties, then please email them my way.... :cry It's the closest I am going to get for a while....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.