DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
i bought this last week and as i promised here is the pics for the model . enjoy them :cheers

Exterior : The paint is perfect certainly. but some little mistakes on some corners (may only in my model)
the front and back lights are perfect. great rim and brake detail. actual tyres. and my favorite part : the back side, the exhausts!! they are amazing looking details.

interior: actually im little disappointed from interior detail. its too poor i dont know why. may be because from the old AUTOart models. because the recent AUTOart models have more detailed models now as you all knows. the engine detail is also too slipshad made, thats for sure

and the last thing : the model is too light in my opinion the Kyo M3 CSL or other Maisto models are too heavy beside this model. but any way, its really cool and a must have model :nicejob :nicejob

***Pictures added by DX Staff***

Review added to the DX Model Review Database on 16-SEPT-2005

Attachments

G

·
:coolpics Alpkop

I like my AUTOart 996 turbos. They are by no means perfect, in terms of their stance, but nevertheless i'm grateful that they were made by one of the better manufacturers.
Its a good model.

:cheers

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
To my eyes this model has two problesm: the engine, like Alp said, and those darn-ugly dog legs. :shipwrecked

G

·
Those pics are great. Thanks. I really want a Turbo, but I'm waiting see if they rerelease it (it's listed on the "big" list, but not on AUTOart's website). Hopefully, if they do, they will remedy the dogleg problem as well as putting side windows in and replacing the tampo side marker with a separate plastic one (much like they did with the GT3 rerelease)

G

·
Thanks for posting the pictures :cheers

Those are some really great pictures as they show a lot of details and angles.

I have always contended that the AUTOart Porsche' have the worst engines of any other AUTOart. Its engine reminds me of the Hot Wheels Saleen S7 and we know how terrible that models details are.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics! :cheers I am glad I got the Maisto after seing those dog legs and engine :giggle

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
actually, i cant say "i will buy a maisto instead of AUTOart" for this model acisne. But, my complain is that: i paid double price of maisto and what a detail i got :confused AUTOart company must be more carefull on this subject. in a Kyosho, you cant find slacks like this. an least in newer models of kyosho...

G

·
I have this model and for double the price of a similar based Maisto not much else is to be had with the exception of carpeting and the right to say its an AUTOart.

There we comparing a premium model to a model that can be purchased in the toy isle...enough said :lol

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Either I am missing something or just blind, but the AUTOart 996 Turbo's engine does't look bad to me :confused
Just to see for my self I decided to take my AUTOart 996 apart to remove the engine to see it better and here is what it looks like:

Anyway nice reveiw/pics :cheers

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Thanks for posting the engine pix.

To me, it looks better than Maisto (likes of R8s), but not by a whole lot. Many of the elements are molded from one piece and that makes the engine feel "blobby". If they were assembled from separate parts, it would look crisper, and cleaner. Also, a little more paint would have made a big difference and added some more definition.

I'm dissappointed to hear that this model is light :pullhair That's one quality I enjoy feeling when I pick a new models up from the box. Small details like weight of the model adds alot to the whole experience.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Never thought I'd be saying that...AUTOart dissapointed me. Definatly not a model I will buy. And the engine: :horse

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.