DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi,

Just a couple of quick questions - I've ordered my first ever AutoArt model (Porsche GT3 RS with Blue stripe - hoping to take delivery soon, can't wait for it!).

Just want to know - are the seats in this model fabric, and does it have suspension on the wheels?

TIA

·
Mr. Sandman
327 Posts
The seats have the same feel as the interior carpeting, which is kinda soft. The RS has springs on every corner but they are non-functional. Anyway congrats on your first AutoART.
:cheers

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks guys. A bit disappointed about the suspension - something I've always liked on my Maisto's and my Besnstalk Vanquish. Oh well - the rest of the model looks superb. I'm hoping for it to arrive early next week - pics will be posted when it's here.

G

·
I've always found the non working suspension on AUTOart models to not be a problem, but I have often wondered why they wouldn't include a functioning suspension. :confused

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
:iagree How difficult could it be to include this feature? And after that huge price increase, in my opinion, they need to put a little more into each model :giggle

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I'm actually not a fan of working suspensions on 1:18ths, as I've noticed the "stance" of the model is not as easy to capture accurately when the suspension can move (vs. one which is fixed at the right height) and over time if the model is displayed sitting on it's wheels the working suspensions can sag. So I don't think the AUTOart's are any the worse for not having working suspension :cheers (Great choice for your first AUTOart BTW Daniel!) :cheers

G

·
:iagree

Working suspensions are one gimmick I personally dont want AUTOart to reproduce , especially if they turn out like some of Maisto`s offerings .
Remember their Merc ML with the wonky suspension?
They never seem to get it looking just right and when they do , as Ronan said , it usually sags over time which is something I dont want happening after I just paid $80 -$100 for a model .

Maybe AUTOart need to spend more resources on getting their cars out to the buying public before they start adding pointless features like working suspension.

Nice car Daniel , I just bought the red GT3RS and have the blue one on its way to me...I just couldnt decide :giggle
I dont think you could have chosen a better subject for your 1st AUTOart.....Congrats :cheers

·
Registered
994 Posts
I also don't find working suspensions necessary on my models. My Kyosho BMW 6er has a working one but sits too high. I prefer fixewd suspensions, for the same reasons as Ronan and Gary pointed out :cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:iagree
I would be more than happy to see them keep working suspensions, turning driveshafts and the like out ot these cars and give us some other details instead.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've always liked the suspension personally. Then again, my collection only consistes of Maisto's and Bburago's!

AUTOart Porsche will arrive on Wednesday. Can't wait!

I hadn't got myself a 1/18th road car for about 5 years, then I got KITT, now the Porsche, and I want a Bently and Aston Martin from Minichamps when they're released later this year! It's a slippery slope.......... :giggle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.