DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Xiaoguang Models keeps turning out much more improved releases. My first Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham impressed me so much. It felt like CMC and old Kyosho got together and collaborated on that one. However, Xiaoguang Models didn't feel like they had done a sufficient job on that one, so they improved it with better details. Features like working rear antenna and even a special version with the upgraded wheels improved over the previous release. That'll be the Fleetwood Brougham which I am featuring here, the upgraded new wheels one. So, I was mostly satisfied when that one arrived.
Then out of the blue an early 90s Lincoln Towncar and a Lexus LS400 was announced! The Lincoln Towncar was a real surprise and absolutely a gem. Xiaoguang Models really hit nearly all of the high notes on this one. This newer Lincoln is far more accurate shape wise over the Cadillac. It really is spot on and the detailing is more delicate. That gentle touch really sets the mood, especially the perforated Parthenon like grille and chrome trim applications. The only downfall with some of these premium branded models is, the use of real leather for seating surfaces. First of all, you cannot scale leather down to 1/18th scale, second you can't manage to heat-form it reflecting the seating design accurately at scale and lastly, we don't really need for cows to be butchered for model cars if the results aren't outstanding with the end product. Perhaps, some other material looks more accurate than leather at scale. Also, There was no need to frame a black border around the front lights (as was done on the revised Fleetwood Brougham models). I need to figure out how to remove mine. Everything else about this Towncar model is SENSATIONAL!

One of the best things about Xiaoguang Models is their use of full motor detailing. No base-plates here. These are full V8 motors hitting on all cylinders inserted into these fully detailed chassis'! Plus the motors are all fully plumbed and wired! Score for Xiaoguang Models! Excellent paint finishes, intricate detailing with working suspensions. Right now, it's hard to beat them for quality to price ratio.
I am enthusiastic because every new Xiaoguang Model release is better than the last, so please bring on a highly detail Lexus LS400, it's about time.

Begin......
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting Automotive design

1990-1993 Lincoln Towncar......
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Car
Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car Tire
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light
Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Land vehicle
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Automotive side marker light
Wheel Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

Opened Up/Details........
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Toy

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are some fabulous looking cars. i've been interested in them myself but see they're pretty expensive on eBay.
Thanks! They weren't cheap, but I think that my dealer had the best prices for them. I'm grateful that I was able to get these Steven. Such a worthy part of my collection. 😊

·
Registered
731 Posts
Wow Dave, that's definitely the Town Car that brings back nostalgia from my early, early childhood. Love the details and the real leather is a superb touch. Always thought that generation of Town Car looked much more elegant and stately than the lumpy mess that came out after it.

• Love
Reactions: D N'D-Land

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Both are truly amazing! Glad this Chinese company picked these American classics to be replicated in 1:18!

I haven't picked these up yet since they are kinda expensive, but it looks like they worth every penny! Personally I gravitate more toward the Town Car. It was the first American car I saw when I came visited the States in 1993 that grabbed my attention. Growing up in Asia, the Town Car looks very different to what I am used to seeing and I immediately liked it. I remembered seeing it the first time outside LAX airport.

I didn't know LS400 is announced! Can't wait to see that one!

Thanks for posting this Dave!

·
Super Moderator
12,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow Dave, that's definitely the Town Car that brings back nostalgia from my early, early childhood. Love the details and the real leather is a superb touch. Always thought that generation of Town Car looked much more elegant and stately than the lumpy mess that came out after it.
Hey Gary, that is exactly what I feel like models should do...give us some kind of past or present connection with the feelings from our experiences with the 1/1 :)
Oh, I totally agree, so much more elegant than it's "frumpy" replacement. 😊 🥂

·
Super Moderator
12,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hot damn those are proper full opening diecast models. Uber cool subjects that I think has been neglected by most model makers in the past. Would definitely be putting these beauties on my wish list if they weren’t so pricey.
Thanks Simon! I was so pleased when I opened the hood and looked at teh bottom of the models and could see directly thru, like on 1/1 vehicles. 😊 If you do get a chance, you won't be disappointed in adding either one or both! Cheers Mate!🥂

·
Super Moderator
12,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Both are truly amazing! Glad this Chinese company picked these American classics to be replicated in 1:18!

I haven't picked these up yet since they are kinda expensive, but it looks like they worth every penny! Personally I gravitate more toward the Town Car. It was the first American car I saw when I came visited the States in 1993 that grabbed my attention. Growing up in Asia, the Town Car looks very different to what I am used to seeing and I immediately liked it. I remembered seeing it the first time outside LAX airport.

I didn't know LS400 is announced! Can't wait to see that one!

Thanks for posting this Dave!
My pleasure in sharing these here with you guys/gals DX family Stefanus!!😊
I too am glad that someone is making 1/18th opening diecast American cars. Too bad teh Americans can't find our own value in model cars anymore :unsure: I just don't understand why Auto World and other brands are jumping on the bandwagon or even paying companies liek this, to brand the models as theirs stateside? It just makes no kind of sense.

I didn't buy some models to make sure that I could buy these. They are so worth it, but the Lincoln is far more accurate as the front diving nose of the Cadillac kinda' gives a space for the Lincoln to sit above it.
Also, this model did exactly what it was supposed to do. It took you back in time to when you first had seen one in reality and the impression that made upon you. 👏 I think that is what makes accurate models so important, giving us a proper nostalgic feeling :)

Yes, it was announced somewhere that Xiaoguang Models were also producing a 1/18th LS400! I am looking forward to that.........but, I also heard the same from KengFai, and you know that they will be super accurate! Cheers!😊🥂

·
Registered
58 Posts
Another amazing diecast!!! That Town Car looks fabulous! I see what you mean by the leather. It looks odd and totally out of proportion (similar to another diecast a member shared that was suppose to be carbon fibre, but also totally out of proportion). However, I still think it looks nice and 100% credit to Xiaoguang for effort!

Always thought that generation of Town Car looked much more elegant and stately than the lumpy mess that came out after it.
Yup! I think Ford did a worse job facelifting this than Chev did with the '91 Caprice.

Too bad teh Americans can't find our own value in model cars anymore :unsure: I just don't understand why Auto World and other brands are jumping on the bandwagon or even paying companies liek this, to brand the models as theirs stateside? It just makes no kind of sense.
Agree 100%! Exploring the product offerings I'm greatly disappointed with the American offerings. There was a thread from years ago on which Auto World diecasts to buy/avoid and sadly nothing has changed. The same ones to buy/avoid haven't changed!

It's nice that a few more '90s American cars (outside of Corvettes/Mustangs/F-body) are being recognized. I'm sure UT Model's Impala SS was feeling lonely for a long time. 😁

·
Super Moderator
12,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another amazing diecast!!! That Town Car looks fabulous! I see what you mean by the leather. It looks odd and totally out of proportion (similar to another diecast a member shared that was suppose to be carbon fibre, but also totally out of proportion). However, I still think it looks nice and 100% credit to Xiaoguang for effort!

Yup! I think Ford did a worse job facelifting this than Chev did with the '91 Caprice.

Agree 100%! Exploring the product offerings I'm greatly disappointed with the American offerings. There was a thread from years ago on which Auto World diecasts to buy/avoid and sadly nothing has changed. The same ones to buy/avoid haven't changed!

It's nice that a few more '90s American cars (outside of Corvettes/Mustangs/F-body) are being recognized. I'm sure UT Model's Impala SS was feeling lonely for a long time. 😁
100% on Everything! Basically, it seems like American model makers gave up. I guess so many of us are busy playing videogames online until the companies have figured it's best to let only Chinese companies do models of interesting vehicles, as cars there are still relevant. If it were me, Auto World should get together with Xiaoguang/LCD/GCD and KengFai and ask for their help. Heck, they are missing out on doing Full-Sized Domestic Trucks/SUVs. Seriously, there is some coin out in the world to make. I don't know WHY they can't see this?? 🤔 ..I guess a bunch of clueless people running those companies trying their best to do money grabs on ancient old ERTL castings.🥴

·
Registered
58 Posts
If it were me, Auto World should get together with Xiaoguang/LCD/GCD and KengFai and ask for their help.
This!!! If they don't want to do the hardwork than why not partner with one of the other brands willing to do it? Hell they should just buy a few containers, have their name slapped on the box, and bask in the glory of introducing a 'new line'.

It's unfortunate that many American cars are no better than the Ertl ones I bought over 10 years ago.

Are these two resin or diecast? How's the paint quality on them?

·
Super Moderator
12,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This!!! If they don't want to do the hardwork than why not partner with one of the other brands willing to do it? Hell they should just buy a few containers, have their name slapped on the box, and bask in the glory of introducing a 'new line'.

It's unfortunate that many American cars are no better than the Ertl ones I bought over 10 years ago.

Are these two resin or diecast? How's the paint quality on them?
These two are totally diecast! In fact with my Cadillac CT4/CT5/CT6 review, Kyosho sold their previous models as their own products and HY61 used some CDM brands for their Saturn LS200 Models. So, it has been done in the past, why not again? 🤔

1 - 15 of 15 Posts