DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
This was the very first diecast I got, a Bburago Mercedes-Benz 300SL. I didn't do nearly as much to it as some I do now, but I did rework it somewhat. It had Mille Miglia stickers all over it, and I removed those. I re-worked the wheels and gave them MB knock-offs to try and replicate Rudge knock-off racing wheels. I painted the lettering on the tires. I gave the engine spark plug wires and some decals. I added bare metal foil to the Merc badge in back and to the window trim.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
The black looks real classy on the SL. Made all the more stunning by your work. :wave :wave

G

·
Does look really excellent, another great bit of custom work again Eddie :nicejob .

If i was you, find some way in getting rid of the locator pins in the front lights, and hey-presto, it would be perfect.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
It's cool to know a Bburago has a special spot in your collection Eddie. The mods you've done a super. As much as some people knock their quality, I think quite a few members here did get their start in diecast collecting with one of their cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.