DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another plastic addition that I found at TRU for $39.99. Like I said before, the detail is unreal! Just about everything moves: rudder, prop, tail, flaps, heat exhaust, canopy, landing gear...The c*ckpit is almost is well done. Also as you can see, the wings fold up like the real thing.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Al, that is beautiful!!! :nicejob
If I ever find one of these down here I won't let it escape. I think it would look awesome hanging from the ceiling!

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
That is one of my favorite WWII planes! I love the way the gull wings look!!! That has got to be one HUGE plane!

:cheers
Sean

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
That's awesome, Al - you guys are getting some amazing non-automotive models!

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys! :cheers
You are right Souky, the Avenger will be a must, but I can imagine it will be huge!
Another will be the F-104 Starfighter.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Cool Corsair!! How do the wings lock in place? I made a model of that when I was a kid. Is that paricular one taken from an particular aricraft carrier? If I recall right, the gull wing was to help keep the plane stable But my memory about could be a little foggy. :confused Bringing things forward a few decades, I really like the carrier-borne Vigilante which was a bomber.

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Yeah, looks like it'll take up some space! :happy

It's gorgeous though. I've always love the design, especially the bubble turret in the rear (always imagine myself back there, firing away). :giggle

I found this while looking for the 21st Century toy: CLICK

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Felix, I don't know anything about the 1:1 that this represents but it has 10 "kills" on the side. I imagine that it was carrier based. The wind go out and have sliding hinge. It has tabs and bosses for them to remain in place. It is fragile and won't take much "playing with them.

Souky, I wonder if that Avenger is 'scratch built'? I did not know that they were out. I have also fantisized about pumping lead out of the twin-50's out back! :giggle Isn't there a 'belly' turret also? About the only other place that I would had found myself back then would had been in the tail of a B-17. :giggle

G

·
Al, that is a great looking aircraft along with the bearcat and mustangs some of my fav. American planes.
that's a lot of model for the money, just what are it's 1/18th dimensions?
:coolpics

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Awesome model Al. Terrific detailing too. 40$ has gone a long way with this model.
Here are more of 1:18 combat vehicles, planes and personnel from the BBI range. Planes & more.

Also check out this very cool cockpit of the F18. It has lights and the horizon meter corresponds with the joy stick when it is moved back and forth. Very cool thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts